Are lighter or darker skinned..

Wilbur

There is nothing in the world worse than biting into what you thought was a chocolate chip cookie, and to detect a dark skinned raisin in the cookie.

That happened to me a couple weeks back, and as you can see, I'm still fragile from the experience.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

There is nothing in the world worse than biting into what you thought was a chocolate chip cookie, and to detect a dark skinned raisin in the cookie.

That happened to me a couple weeks back, and as you can see, I'm still fragile from the experience.

Is this some sort of code talk?  :) 

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Is this some sort of code talk?  :) 

I wish it was. It really happened to me. Our work cafeteria sells 3 packs of their own made cookies. I bought a 3 pack of chocolate chips, only to find one was a raisin oatmeal cookie.

3 hours ago, BuffJim said:

Truer words have never been spoken.  The oatmeal raisin cookie has it's place in the pantheon of cookies, but chocolate reigns benevolently from on high and to have the worship that is biting into a chocolate chip cookie turned into the disappointment of tasting oatmeal raisin is one of life's greatest tragedies.  I think this fact alone is what makes the ORC scorned by so many.  Long live the CCC.  

• Heart 2

Can't do raisins, never was a fan but I was permanently traumatized by my daughter who was eating them as a young child. Damn things reconstituted in her body and she pooped out little grapes. I got the pleasure of changing that diaper.

I was done with raisins after that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

Truer words have never been spoken.  The oatmeal raisin cookie has it's place in the pantheon of cookies, but chocolate reigns benevolently from on high and to have the worship that is biting into a chocolate chip cookie turned into the disappointment of tasting oatmeal raisin is one of life's greatest tragedies.  I think this fact alone is what makes the ORC scorned by so many.  Long live the CCC.  

No.  My experience is Newtons Third Law regarding your statement. 

3 hours ago, jsharr said:

This obviously supports your title of moran.  

Oatmeal/raisin cookies rule - chocolate chip cookies drool......  OK maybe not drool, but nothing compares to a fresh baked oatmeal raisin cookie.

9 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I am the sugar sprinkle variety

Image result for snake cookies

9 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

My Mother's bread pudding is so good, that not even raisins can ruin it. Though I did mention to her that chocolate chips could have improved it.

Image may contain: food

Do you think there are snakes in that casserole?  Can BuffJim be trusted not to make a snake casserole??

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Dottie said:

Can BuffJim be trusted not to make a snake casserole??

This is a really stupid question.  Very stupid question.  Please don't take this personally but it's as stupid as it gets...

BuffJim can't be trusted with anything. 

• Heart 1
  • Whatever 1

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

This obviously supports your title of moran.  

Oatmeal/raisin cookies rule - chocolate chip cookies drool......  OK maybe not drool, but nothing compares to a fresh baked oatmeal raisin cookie.

This is the first thing you have said in 6 months that I can endorse.  I like it but will not like it as you are still a grumpy old shit.  :) 

3 hours ago, Kirby said:

The darler raisins are more traditional and therefore preferable to me.  The golden raisins ones are for fancy people.

...those golden raisins are like wearing white shirts for work.  They both require a lot of chemical maintenance.

• Heart 1