Bored or Board

petitepedal

So..I have a board president at my condo who is a PITA and all round jerk (see previous posts).... we got 2 people in for 2 more years 2 others 1 and maybe 3 years  and LOL someone  else just quit.  I have been asked to run for the board...a tad worried cos my job IS property mgmt....then again the present board president...hopefully on the way out...is cause for me not able to do yoga in the community room and my not being able to have my bike rack on my car 6 mos of the year....aside from other shit he pulls...

Do I run for the board or not....?

Politics comes with a price.  It sounds like you have serious questions that the board should answer.  If you get the job however be prepared to be inundated with peoples gripes.  It won't just happen at the meetings.  Folks will stop you in the halls.  They will engage you while shopping for groceries.

Womaxx had several stints as a union president.  They will call you at home in the evenings too.  ?

What Maddmaxx said.  It can be a thankless, annoying job.  If you think it will annoy  you too much, avoid it.  But you may be able to make some positive change, especially if you can arrange a coup.