I miss the good old days of the record player

Longjohn

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

Maybe RG could explain this sign to us?89551589-44C6-4278-8C61-6241677094CC.thumb.jpeg.7a26e267d7b7f7ea7c040338cdaffe29.jpeg

Obviously, no double decker wheel barrow racing allowed on that street.  I believe it was the result of the great double decker wheel barrow catastrophe of 88, the carnage was immense.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 3

This thread saddens me.  I was all excited to come in here and discuss the old 45 players where you could slide the adapter over the spindle and then put on a stack of 45 singles to play!

Or the hours spent with a turntable and a stack of vinyl and a cassette recorder making mix tapes, or recording whole albums to play in the car on your Pioneer cassette stereo!

• Heart 2

57 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

I still have my system

20171112_150405.jpg

I recently snuck two of those systems into the garbage tote. I was cleaning out the garage, I used to listen to music while I worked in the garage. The garage got so cluttered I couldn't work in it anymore. I still had stuffmart bikes in there from when my boys were living here.

• Heart 1

I have a 33/45/78 player that I picked up about 10 years ago, plus cables, etc. to run the stereo feed into a computer's microphone input where it can be comverted to files with software.  There's a stack of old records I've been meaning to convert to mp3's or non-lossy files. I should probably look for a replacement needle in case I ever need it.

I also have a DVD/VHS player/recorder, a refurbished Magnavox model I picked up from Amazon for $98 a few years ago, that will convert VHS to high-quality DVD, which I can then convert to mp4's. I have put that to good use, especially vacation and holiday videos from the 90's that I shot while my parents were still alive.

• Awesome 1