I need to remember to eat.

Longjohn

I get busy doing stuff and forget to eat. When I was working I had eight chances to eat during work so I usually did ok. Since I started my vacation from work two years ago I often forget to eat. I just noticed this yesterday after my massage. Maybe I should start doing to protein powder again. I was taking it all winter before the triathlon but afterwards I didn't bother.

41559938154_a104d3a76c_o.thumb.jpg.20f61a9ab7a89e1bc6e14008758bd93f.jpg

It is getting to the point I might have to run around in the shower to get wet.  Maybe a weight gain will hide my old man wrinkles.

• Heart 2
  • Envious 1

2 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

You look great.  I think about eating even when I'm not hungry.

The thought comes to mind after I am several miles down the lake in my kayak that maybe I should have brought something to eat. Too late then to worry about it. I can remember other years stopping on the way to the lake and buying a sandwich to take along. 

6 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

I'm in a weight gain mode.  As far as I can tell, its due to relief/celebration that my lungs aren't failing.  Went to the doctor today, and the lung performance has went up quite a bit since a month ago.  But my weight... Ugggh.

Work interferes with you spending all day on the lake in a kayak without food. That seems to be the key to my weight loss. When I ride all day I always stop at a pub to hydrate and usually eat whatever their special is. They don’t serve health food. I’ve eaten wings, tacos, meatball subs, hot sausage. I have even had fries a few times but I try to stay away from fries. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

Work interferes with you spending all day on the lake in a kayak without food. That seems to be the key to my weight loss. When I ride all day I always stop at a pub to hydrate and usually eat whatever their special is. They don’t serve health food. I’ve eaten wings, tacos, meatball subs, hot sausage. I have even had fries a few times but I try to stay away from fries. 

If you were betting at fishing, you wouldn't be without food all day.?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, BuffJim said:

I'm in a weight gain mode.  As far as I can tell, its due to relief/celebration that my lungs aren't failing.  Went to the doctor today, and the lung performance has went up quite a bit since a month ago.  But my weight... Ugggh.

Maybe it is a one to one correlation. For healthy lungs, you must gain weight.  

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

I'm jealous - you're looking good, Lonhjohn, wrinkles and all.

I had my annual physical today and the nurse said, "You're losing weight," but I still have a long way to go.

I went from 307 to 294 in a year of cycling, then 294 to 231 in 18 months of calorie counting and exercise.

Then, hip and shoulder and ankle and other muscular problems left me sedentary for too long and I porked back up to 280.

Near the beginning of spring, I began to emerge from those limitations and am now down to 255 with a PERMANENT diet.

• Awesome 1

Doing things you love instead of because you’re obligated makes it easier to forget to eat. I remember a day when I was still living with my parents. Had a project I was doing on my car. I got up when Dad went to work and got started. I skipped breakfast to beat the heat. 

A while later I was under the car when my mom came out and asked if I was going to eat today. She sounded concerned. That was odd because we typically would fend for ourselves during the week as we all had things to do. I asked what time it was and she said 3:30! I hadn’t been hungry until she said that!

Nowadays I may have a decent breakfast in the morning, get busy on a ride or project and miss lunch so I will do a small snack to carry me to supper. It works if I don’t try to compensate at supper!

• Awesome 1

I haven't stepped on the scale since the triathlon on March 3rd. Today at the gym I got on the scale in the locker room. 182 lbs. not as bad as I thought. I must have lost it all from my waist. When I saw myself in the mirror after my massage yesterday I thought I looked anorexic. That’s only 12 pounds less than March 3rd.

7 hours ago, smudge said:

This

And pizza!

I didn’t like their ingredients list. Too many ingredients and I don’t do sucralose and try my best to avoid soy.

Micellar Casein, Cocoa (Processed With Alkali), Natural And Artificial Flavors, Salt, Gum Blend (Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan), Lecithin, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, Aminogen®Allergen Information:Contains Milk And Soy (Lecithin) Ingredients.

i do pizza. I ate a medium jalapeño pizza on Sunday and finished it on Monday.

17 hours ago, Longjohn said:

The thought comes to mind after I am several miles down the lake in my kayak that maybe I should have brought something to eat. Too late then to worry about it. I can remember other years stopping on the way to the lake and buying a sandwich to take along. 

Can't you just reach in the water and grab yourself a delicious bass to keep you going?

• Awesome 1

I’ve caught bass out of that lake but raw fish out of the lake don’t sound too appetizing. I like catching big catfish because they are so much fun. I never keep any of the fish I catch. Some of those catfish pull me all over the lake before giving up.

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 1:49 PM, Road Runner said:

Us old guys need to keep the bones strong.  :)

I had my done density checked recently and I'm good. I always take calcium ever since I broke my hip twelve years ago. I guess the main reason my bones keep breaking is I keep crashing. Maybe it's because I don't have padding on my bones?

• Heart 1