How much does your participation here cost your employer?

Wilbur

It doesn't cost them anything.  I work an average of 40-50 hours of unpaid overtime every month, so if I need a break in my day of editing videos of dead people and writing reports about dead people it is all good.  They get more work out of me than what they pay for.

11 minutes ago, Angelic Zephyr said:

I need a break in my day of editing videos of dead people and writing reports about dead people it is all good. 

Ok, Zephyr, so that's a very interesting comment.  What exactly is it that you do for a living?  Filming the apocalypse?  The Wrath of the Zombies??

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dottie said:

Ok, Zephyr, so that's a very interesting comment.  What exactly is it that you do for a living?  Filming the apocalypse?  The Wrath of the Zombies??

I look for dead people (or evidence) in the water, and when I am not doing that I train the people who decide they want to do that. There are more than a few times I have been doing something and thought to myself "I have a weird job"

• Heart 3

3 hours ago, Dottie said:

RCMP drowned body recovery I believe among other things.  It's the sort of job that would give me a sinking feeling.

• Haha 1

Self employed since 1977.  Now retired.  I don't pay myself very well.... maybe more than I am worth but still not what the government would classify as well....So it doesn't cost my employer much at all.

The one I need to watch out for is the employer's wife.  She wants to beat me for the time I spend here.

8 minutes ago, parodybot said:

jsharr does not pay me, so how much is most of nothing again?

I'm pretty sure a subset of nothing is still nothing.  but it could be undefined -- which in your case would be much worse -- likely to send your short your circuits.  Be careful out there parodybot.  Your time here is short when kazabooboo shows up anyway.

1 minute ago, Rattlecan said:

Self employed, so I guess it costs my employer (me) whatever I could be making building that stack of wheels awaiting my attention in the basement. But seeing as how they will get built anyway, one way or t'other, I guess it doesn't cost my employer anything.

very well spoken...

20 minutes ago, Dottie said:

I'm pretty sure a subset of nothing is still nothing.  but it could be undefined -- which in your case would be much worse -- likely to send your short your circuits.  Be careful out there parodybot.  Your time here is short when kazabooboo shows up anyway.

No way.  We are BFFs.

...as a part of my contract with the PERS retirement system, I'm supposed to notify them if I ever take any other job where the job requirements are similar to what I did in the fire department.

Since a lot of what I did in the fire department consisted of sitting around the station house, watching other people caustically rip into each other in bullshit conversations, the new "edgier" format has me wondering if I need to report my activity here in the interests of staying out of trouble.  I became even more concerned recently with all the chain saws that showed up.:flamethrower:

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...as a part of my contract with the PERS retirement system, I'm supposed to notify them if I ever take any other job where the job requirements are similar to what I did in the fire department.

Since a lot of what I did in the fire department consisted of sitting around the station house, watching other people caustically rip into each other in bullshit conversations, the new "edgier" format has me wondering if I need to report my activity here in the interests of staying out of trouble.  I became even more concerned recently with all the chain saws that showed up.:flamethrower:

My current employer pays me to be here.  Remember, a couple of weeks ago I was informed the check was in the mail.  This week I'm assured that it still is.

• Heart 1