Memorial Weekend looms -- what are you going to do?

Dottleshead

My daughter is coming into town, with her new boyfriend. I am going to dinner with them Thursday night.  They're coming over Saturday, too.  Haven't met the boy yet.

Carla's friend is also coming to town Fri-Sun. We're supposed to go to her brother's for a BBQ Saturday.

No big plans. My wife has Friday off too so who knows what kind of trouble she'll get into.

Im sure a ride or two is in the works and im making satay for the family monday. I've been wanting to do some snorkeling at a local beach but it's a bad weekend to go to the beach.

My only firm plans are for Friday. I have the back deck and the pool and spa ready for the  grandkids. The pool is up to seventy degrees, I was just in it. The girls will be fine with that temp. I don’t know about the twin dudes. They might just stick to the hot tub. I keep it close to body temp. for the little ones. 

Hopefully I will have the sidecar project finished and I will be able to find a parking lot that someone will let me use for a shake down run. 

Other than that I have no plans. 

• Awesome 1

6 minutes ago, Digital_photog said:

First century of the year on Saturday. Sunday church and a picnic at the pond with the dogs. Monday second century. Will I live through a double century weekend?

Well it might help to look at it a bit differently.  Technically it isn't a double century weekend because Monday isn't part of the weekend.  Think of it more as surviving back to back century weeks.

Just now, Kzoo said:

FIFY.  That is a very strange word.

"Egads used to mean "ye gods" and now is more closely linked to "OMG" or "oh god""

I know the origin.  Probably from folks who wanted to swear but literally thought the may go to hell for it so they mixed it up.  But I don't say it for that reason though.  I say it because I find it quite effective and I like the way it sounds.  I mean, it's pretty sexy too.  If it were .... oh never mind.

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, BR46 said:

Hopefully I will have the sidecar project finished and I will be able to find a parking lot that someone will let me use for a shake down run. 

Other than that I have no plans. 

Take your time and be very careful. That is a precious monkey in that sidecar.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

I have a wedding to attend on Friday. It's at a vineyard/winery near Leesburg. Ambrosia and Jeff are tying the knot. The reception will be at a fancy place in Tysons for dinner. I have to write a toast in case I am asked to give one. Be prepared and all that. Sunday is Rolling Thunder. The Harleys will be arriving soon. I hope the weather is good for the riders. If it's not raining Sunday, I may take the AWOL out to watch the stream of motorcycles head to the Pentagon. It is cool to watch.

On 5/22/2018 at 5:45 PM, Digital_photog said:

First century of the year on Saturday. Sunday church and a picnic at the pond with the dogs. Monday second century. Will I live through a double century weekend?

Started at 6:30 saturday morning and had the century done before noon.  This morning we cut the century short because of the heat. Shortened the route to 79 miles   Was 95 degrees when we finished.  That was more than enough

7 minutes ago, Digital_photog said:

Started at 6:30 saturday morning and had the century done before noon.  This morning we cut the century short because of the heat. Shortened the route to 79 miles   Was 95 degrees when we finished.  That was more than enough

You had an amazing weekend of riding.  I'm jealous. Way to go.