Lunch

Parsnip Totin Jack

I had breakfast for lunch after having an Aldi's Breakfast Bowl, to which I added chunky salsa, for breakfast.

For lunch I had Cheerios (the original 3% sugar variety) with a banana and blueberries and 2% milk.

For both breakfast and lunch I had 20 oz. of coffee with half-and-half: Wegman's Espresso ground for and brewed in a drip machine.

For dinner I expect to nuke a frozen meatloaf (Stauffer's, I think) to which I'll add salsa to the meatloaf and have nuked baby potatoes and baked-for-15-minutes-at-400F fresh asparagus, tossed first with EVOO.

As a treat I had lunch out in Perth at my favourite Brasserie "Cafe Taboo". As a starter, I had a seafood bisque containing white fish, mussels and other salty creatures which came with croutons and all the trimmings and was delicious.   Followed by a cassoulet of duck, ham, sausage and of course, white beans, and with this a glass of Medoc. I couldn't finish the cassoulet as it was just too much.

• Awesome 1

Today I stopped by my sister's house to take care of a few things, went grocery shopping, and realized I was cutting it close for returning home in time to mow the lawn before it rained.

So, in a Food Lion supermarket, I saw a 1/2 lb roast beef and cheese sandwich on thin bread for $2.99 and decided to take it home, wolf it down with chips and ice tea, and mow the lawn.  It was good.  The grass got cut.  I'm now ready all stocked up, except for beer and wine I'm going to get this evening, to play Noah's Ark for the next four days as we're scheduled to get rain including virtually non-stop Sunday.

2 hours ago, Further said:

Tried a new joint a few days back, got a take out Cuban sandwich, at the time I thought 13 dollars for a sammich was kinda high.

So I finished the sandwich today, 4 meals, really good pork.

13 dollars doesn't seem so bad. 

I just spent all week eating leftover Memorial Day ribs.  Not a bad way to go - quick and easy. :)

11 hours ago, Further said:

Tried a new joint a few days back, got a take out Cuban sandwich, at the time I thought 13 dollars for a sammich was kinda high.

So I finished the sandwich today, 4 meals, really good pork.

13 dollars doesn't seem so bad. 

I don’t know why restaurants keep increasing the size/price of their meals. They expect you to take half of it home.  I invited my brother to meet me in Mercer yesterday at one of the new places that opened for lunch. They have quite an extensive menu but I decided to try their fish sandwich. I was still waiting on my brother when he called to say he was stuck in construction and would be there soon. He

asked what I was having and I told him a fish sandwich but I was waiting on him before I ordered. He said go ahead and order and get one for him too.

While I was waiting they brought a fish sandwich to the lady next to me. I told her it looks like I made a good choice. She was laughing and said she ordered a sandwich and they brought me this. I told her to lift up the fish and somewhere under there I’ll bet there are two halves of a Keizer roll. They give you enough fish to make at least four sandwiches but only one roll.

it was very good fish. My brother and I each ate all of ours but the other lady took half of hers home. I ordered one to take home for my wife, she ate part of it and  took the rest to work today.