Whatever happened with jsharrt’s truck?

Randomguy

So, I called Geico on Monday, and they said they would have to do an investigation, as there may be shared liability based on statements from the other driver.

I supplied Geico with the police report stating the other driver failed to yield right of way and was cited for such, as well as the state of Texas accident report and photos of the damages to both vehicles.  Geico called today to take my recorded statement.  In less than one hour they took 100% responsibility.  They are having my truck towed to one of their inspection / repair facilities, where I am almost certain it will be found to be too expensive to repair.   I owe much less than it is worth, so I should walk away with a decent check to buy a new truck, or maybe buy a clean used truck and save some $$$ every month.

I go to Enterprise tonight to pick up the truck that Geico is renting for me.  I was told it was probably going to be a Dodge.

The truck I was driving to go camping is a Ford owned by a close friend and neighbor.  He is from Australia but lives in Texas and runs the US side of a cotton import / export business.  He is in China for two weeks and then heading to Australia, so I have been driving his truck, the Yank Tank.  It was filty, as his wife uses it to rescue stray doggies that we help foster.  Martha is staying at their house with the doggies while they are in Austrailia (pronouced "Straylia" by they way).

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

23 hours ago, Randomguy said:

What is up with these American trucks?  They seem to buckle if you look at them hard.  

That's why I drive one of the damn American designed and built foreign trucks.

19 minutes ago, jsharr said:

So, I called Geico on Monday, and they said they would have to do an investigation, as there may be shared liability based on statements from the other driver.

I supplied Geico with the police report stating the other driver failed to yield right of way and was cited for such, as well as the state of Texas accident report and photos of the damages to both vehicles.  Geico called today to take my recorded statement.  In less than one hour they took 100% responsibility.  They are having my truck towed to one of their inspection / repair facilities, where I am almost certain it will be found to be too expensive to repair.   I owe much less than it is worth, so I should walk away with a decent check to buy a new truck, or maybe buy a clean used truck and save some $$$ every month.

I go to Enterprise tonight to pick up the truck that Geico is renting for me.  I was told it was probably going to be a Dodge.

The truck I was driving to go camping is a Ford owned by a close friend and neighbor.  He is from Australia but lives in Texas and runs the US side of a cotton import / export business.  He is in China for two weeks and then heading to Australia, so I have been driving his truck, the Yank Tank.  It was filty, as his wife uses it to rescue stray doggies that we help foster.  Martha is staying at their house with the doggies while they are in Austrailia (pronouced "Straylia" by they way).

I think they've only taken their first shot at screwing you.  Don't be surprised if the check has shrunk by the time you see it.

They might take the position that even in your own words the vehicle is a lemon and not worth but a small part of the book price.    

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I think they've only taken their first shot at screwing you.  Don't be surprised if the check has shrunk by the time you see it.

They might take the position that even in your own words the vehicle is a lemon and not worth but a small part of the book price.    

Holy shit, I hope that Geico is not a member here.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Actually they're going to fix the crash damage.

Then you'll have a lemon that was crashed and repaired.  :whistle:

And that is when I begin my claim for a diminished value payment....  

I was born at night, but not last night.  

• Heart 2