Are boobs more attractive than butts?

Randomguy

The first of several books that look at humans from their mammal aspect, the now-classic The Naked Ape (c.1967) by London Zoo head Desmond Morris, questioned why human females have the largest breasts by far of all apes and human males have the largest penises by far - putting even gorillas to shame.

Morris concluded that it had something to do with the evolution of face-to-face sex and that the females would be more exciting to men if they had something to replace the sexual symbol of the presented butt in the previous doggy-style sex common to most mammals. So boobs may have evolved, according to Morris, to resemble butt cheeks: women whose breasts did so were more attractive to men, had more babies, and the eventual result was that women descendants had larger breasts.  This is like the fact that about 15,000 years ago everyone had dark hair and eyes. There were no blonde, blue-eyed people but once they entered the population their percentage exploded in Northern Europe.

So maybe the butt and the boobs are two examples of the same thing as far as their sexiness goes!

On the other hand, if you watch some documentaries on Bonobos (the slightly smaller version of Chimps that live on the opposite side of the river and don't make a big deal about alpha males), they freely have sex with many different partners and the positions they get into hanging from branches, etc. include face to face so I'm not sure Morris is right about this.

56 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

The first of several books that look at humans from their mammal aspect, the now-classic The Naked Ape (c.1967) by London Zoo head Desmond Morris, questioned why human females have the largest breasts by far of all apes and human males have the largest penises by far - putting even gorillas to shame.

Morris concluded that it had something to do with the evolution of face-to-face sex and that the females would be more exciting to men if they had something to replace the sexual symbol of the presented butt in the previous doggy-style sex common to most mammals. So boobs may have evolved, according to Morris, to resemble butt cheeks: women whose breasts did so were more attractive to men, had more babies, and the eventual result was that women descendants had larger breasts.  This is like the fact that about 15,000 years ago everyone had dark hair and eyes. There were no blonde, blue-eyed people but once they entered the population their percentage exploded in Northern Europe.

So maybe the butt and the boobs are two examples of the same thing as far as their sexiness goes!

On the other hand, if you watch some documentaries on Bonobos (the slightly smaller version of Chimps that live on the opposite side of the river and don't make a big deal about alpha males), they freely have sex with many different partners and the positions they get into hanging from branches, etc. include face to face so I'm not sure Morris is right about this.

This is all well and good, but it smacks of revisionist theory when we all know that guys will nail about any chick bending over in the onion patch.  Our ancestors were no different. 

Plus, face to face banging with a hairy-armpitted beast that doesn’t brush her teeth?  I don’t think so. 

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I think I like boobs better these days. 

As we progress into old age, males may be more concerned with being nurtured vice being banged.  The vision of a warm, ample bosom may instill a feeling of warmth and comfort that is much less achievable by the sight of a well proportioned derriere.  

Neither for me really. What I tend to notice is the face; that's the biggest turn on for me followed by personality. Those two things are what I find the most attractive with an emphasis more on the latter; connecting with someone personally triggers the rest. YMMV

14 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I'm really surprised that the women of the forum won't embrace this thread and recognize the greatness of it.

Really surprised.  ?

Relax, Gertrude.  This thread is a joke.  Most of what we do here is joke around.  Especially RG.  He is a total joke.  :D

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

Sorry.  Bad taste is bad taste even if some find it funny.  Personally I think these threads in the cafe keep more people away from here than attract them.

Personally, I think people are more attracted to funny and playful threads than they are to a constant barrage of the PC police.  

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

This is all well and good, but it smacks of revisionist theory when we all know that guys will nail about any chick bending over in the onion patch.  Our ancestors were no different. 

Plus, face to face banging with a hairy-armpitted beast that doesn’t brush her teeth?  I don’t think so. 

The more I think about this, I realize that boobs really don't look anything like butts, at least in the real world without clothing.  Maybe, just maybe, you could say that cleavage in clothing is reminiscent of butts, but without the low cut top, that argument evaporates.  Nope, boobs didn't get big to remind us of butts, they didn't need to.

• 3 years later...