Dredging old topics is dumb.

smudge

5 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Someone needs a writing lesson.   :huh:

Don't know what key I hit that causes that..  :(   I also don't proof read, I just hit send.  Sometimes it's me, sometimes spellcheck uses alternate words.  Its all good.  

Besides," tis a history lesson"is proper. :)  

• Heart 1

Some dredges aren't bad, especially if they are being added to in some positive way, such as my toenail dredge.  But dredging just to be dredging is worse than parodies.  They just fill the screen with old stuff no one is interested in.  Well, except for the SW gay dredge.  I'm very interested to find out what "beyond gay" is.   :)

5 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

I seldom pay attention to regurgitated thread topics from a few yrs. ago.

Sometimes it can bring rewards........but then again there are so many threads where I have never posted........a bit like panning for gold really.

• Haha 2
  • Envious 1

5 minutes ago, onbike1939 said:

Sometimes it can bring rewards........but then again there are so many threads where I have never posted........a bit like panning for gold really.

So many interesting things to talk about now and in the future, onbike. That's all.

Besides methinks same topics resurface again a few years later, but under a new subject line.  For instance, there is probably always going to be a boobie topic at least every few years if not every few months if it's  predominantly male participants here.   Lack of frequency is better.. it just gets tiresome, on gender based anatomy jokes.

1 minute ago, shootingstar said:

So many interesting things to talk about now and in the future, onbike. That's all.

Besides methinks same topics resurface again a few years later, but under a new subject line.  For instance, there is probably always going to be a boobie topic at least every few years if not every few months if it's  predominantly male participants here.   Lack of frequency is better.. it just gets tiresome, on gender based anatomy jokes.

How true....and I have complained about the number of unreconstructed males on this forum...to  no effect. When I read old threads I can't believe how quickly the time has flown by.

5 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...internet threads are a precious natural resource. If we don't reuse and recycle them, eventually we will run out of internet. Think about it.

Just think of the time when this topic on dredging is dredged up.  Oh, the irony.  That will surely signal the end of this forum.  :(

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Revelation 5 

And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne an internet forum written within and on the backside, sealed with seven login passwords.

And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the forum, and to loose the passwords thereof?

And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the forum, neither to look thereon.

And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the forum, neither to look thereon.

And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the forum, and to loose the seven passwords thereof.

...thus it is written.  Thus it shall come to pass.  Let us prey.

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Someone should bookmark this topic and resurrect it in 5 years.

I was pretty sure this thread was a dredge when I opened it.

I don't really like dredged threads, but sometimes it's fun to see some of our old friends.

• Awesome 1

4 hours ago, Couch_Incident said:

I will continue to dredge as long as parody threads exist on this forum.  It's a protest.

In addition to your right to protest via the dredge, you also have the right to be wrong.  Just say’n. ?

i happen to like your dredgeful reactions.

• 3 months later...
38 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I'm not holding my breath.  There are no ads.  It costs far more to run than anticipated.

Is there any way besides for the premium memberships to contribute to the operational costs?

19 hours ago, Kirby said:

Is there any way besides for the premium memberships to contribute to the operational costs?

I think if SW set up a private forum with links for overseas brides and inflatables where he limited the access to just RG, and took a 0.0001% fee of all the transactions, then SW would make out like bandit.

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Sorry to be all crabby.  I really don't mind.  This site it fun.

It  didn't sound crabby at all, but you really should consider a donation option.  The site is fun for us too.

• Heart 1

• 2 years later...
14 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

With the recent success of the comic strip cafe, maybe we need a dredge spoil cafe. :)

Soon, that poor CSC will be so overrun with awful comics that it will fall into ignominy and go the way of the bike news area. :(