4 days with no grains, sugar, or alcohol, 5 pounds lighter

Randomguy

Meh.  5 pounds is nothing.  My weight routinely fluctuates +/- 3 lbs from one day to the next with no appreciable dietary changes.  You need at least a week, 2 would be better, to see how it's really working.

My diety thingy went well.  I'm now onto maintenance.  I didn't do anything crazy, just ate less and moved more.  I did pretty much cut out alcohol, as it's very calorie-rich and leads to more eating, but mostly just did things in moderation.  I didn't do any kind of named diet where I completely cut out a whole food group or anything.  Now I'm phasing back in some deserts, beers, etc. but hope to keep under 180.  If I get over 180, I'll try to cut down on the extras.  If I get over 190, back on the full diet again.

I don't get my pic taken very often.  I could get you an after, but it might be hard to scrounge up a before.

• Heart 1

Meh.  5 pounds is nothing.  My weight routinely fluctuates +/- 3 lbs from one day to the next with no appreciable dietary changes.  You need at least a week, 2 would be better, to see how it's really working.

My diety thingy went well.  I'm now onto maintenance.  I didn't do anything crazy, just ate less and moved more.  I did pretty much cut out alcohol, as it's very calorie-rich and leads to more eating, but mostly just did things in moderation.  I didn't do any kind of named diet where I completely cut out a whole food group or anything.  Now I'm phasing back in some deserts, beers, etc. but hope to keep under 180.  If I get over 180, I'll try to cut down on the extras.  If I get over 190, back on the full diet again.

I don't get my pic taken very often.  I could get you an after, but it might be hard to scrounge up a before.

Hell, you did it quick, though.  You were like two reverends when I last saw you, and now you are fit (presumably) and healthy (presumably).

Grains aren't healthy, or at least entirely unnecessary, one of the two.  They taste nice with fats and sugars, though, but they fatten us like they fatten livestock.

• Awesome 1

Again, meh.  Grains are fine, in moderation.  I probably eat 15 or more grams of whole grains daily.

Salads are my main go-to thing, though.  I eat one every day for lunch, and sometimes again at supper, either as the main course or a side.  They fill you up, take a while to eat, and are low in calories.  Plus, without grains you need to get your fiber from somewhere.

• Awesome 1

Yay.

For me I knew I needed to lose more, but I didn't know how much.  Based on my current body fat of 15% and a desired goal of 10%, it looks like I need to drop about 12 and get down to 185.  I'll do it slowly over the winter with more lifestyle changes.

I have one of those scales that supposedly measures bf%.  I'm right around 12% right now.  I've got a little layer in the tummy that could go, but, since you can't target an area, I'm not willing to go much skinnier anywhere else to make it go away.  I'm 41, I'm not going to look like a 21 yo Fabio.

• 4 years later...
3 hours ago, Randomguy said:

This dredge requires more than a simple vaginal bloodletting.

WTF does that even mean?  Did you suck down another edible this morning?  You aren't making sense man.  You are normal lucent and rational! 

Anyway, I will continue to dredge up old threads as long as you idiots continue to create stupid lamn braines parody threads. 

Couch 

Just now, Couch_Incident said:

WTF does that even mean?  Did you suck down another edible this morning?  You aren't making sense man.  You are normal lucent and rational! 

Anyway, I will continue to dredge up old threads as long as you idiots continue to create stupid lamn braines parody threads. 

Couch 

See... !   Morans!

6 hours ago, Couch_Incident said:

WTF does that even mean?  

You dredged with a single vaginal bloodletting, emblematic of your hetero-normative attempts to see from the other side by sitting down to pee.  

I understand your position, and feel you should eat some summer pie.