Mascarpone cheese

Dirtyhip

I just bought my first container of it.  It is so damned good.  Why did you guys not tell me this?

It was sort of an impulse buy.  It was on sale, and I saw it when I was buying some Irish Butter.  I thought...Why not?

Delicious!

Irish butter is good stuff.

Most cheese is horrid, what is so damn special about this cheese?

I've heard of it, but I don't think I've ever tried it either.

Is it a hard cheese or soft? Sharp or mild?

soft and mild.  

Irish butter is good stuff.

Most cheese is horrid, what is so damn special about this cheese?

You are a freak if you think that cheese is horrid.  

This cheese is just so...so...yummy.  

soft and mild.  

I don't know, I try to keep an open mind about cheese.  It is just that 3/4 of it tastes like ass, so I am skeptical.  I don't like soft cheese so much, but maybe I haven't tried enough of it.  I think any bleu or funky cheese should just be thrown out.

soft and mild.  

I typically like sharp cheeses better, but if I see it at the store, maybe I'll give it a try. There are definitely some good mild cheeses, like gouda.

And agreed....cheese is not horrid. Keep in mind that was posted by a person who drinks Zima, hates coffee and thinks cake is better than pie. I think we can all safely assume his taste buds are completely FUBAR.

I don't know, I try to keep an open mind about cheese.  It is just that 3/4 of it tastes like ass, so I am skeptical.  I don't like soft cheese so much, but maybe I haven't tried enough of it.  I think any bleu or funky cheese should just be thrown out.

I just had some bleu cheese yesterday with Fuji apples for lunch. It was divine.

• Heart 1

I use mascarpone cheese when I make tiramisu; it's really the only way.  I haven't tried Irish or Euro butters, are they that much better than US butters?  $10/lb around here.  I'll post a pic of the uppity butter section at my grocers, you'd be amazed (I think)

You had me at tiramisu (my favorite dessert)!!!

I use mascarpone cheese when I make tiramisu; it's really the only way.  I haven't tried Irish or Euro butters, are they that much better than US butters?  $10/lb around here.  I'll post a pic of the uppity butter section at my grocers, you'd be amazed (I think)

I can only get Kerry Gold Irish butter, for fancier butters.  Otherwise, your best lower cost delicious option is like Horizon organic butter.

At Jungle Jims near Cincy they have a case just for uppity butter.  There are probably 20 different varieties.  You'd like Jungle Jims; they carry everything.  When I move I will miss shopping there; nothing else, just the store.

Uppity butter is quite nice, actually.  Do you not like Cincinnati?

No, I do not like Cincinnati.  For the most part, people seem to be self-absorbed buttheads.  Maybe it's just me, but my wife and son feel the same way.  As soon as the MIL goes into a nursing home or hospice, the house is going on the market and we're moving.

So a self-absorbed butthead would feel right at home, then?  How is the riding?

I ask because I have convinced RW to look for a job out of state, and every now and then she asks about different cities.  She is in the museum world, so any museum that could support what she does would be a decent-sized city like Cincinnati, and I don't know much about it, except that King's Island is there, and the Beast was down the day I showed up.

So a self-absorbed butthead would feel right at home, then?  How is the riding?

I ask because I have convinced RW to look for a job out of state, and every now and then she asks about different cities.  She is in the museum world, so any museum that could support what she does would be a decent-sized city like Cincinnati, and I don't know much about it, except that King's Island is there, and the Beast was down the day I showed up.

Dallas has museums.  I think they are all cowboy museums and such.  Does your wife like cowboys?

The riding is dangerous.  The roads have little or no shoulders.  Everyone is on their cellphone while driving. One quarter of the people here smoke.  So at least ten percent of drivers, at any given time, can be eating, smoking, talking on their cell phone and driving all at the same time.  On narrow two-lane roads.  At 45 to 55 mph.  I tend to go out after dinner or early on the weekends when there is less traffic.  There are several museums here, a nice art museum, a freedom center for the underground railroad and some others.  If you come visit let me know, we'll break bread together.  I haven't been to Kings Island yet, my wife doesn't do rides and it's no fun riding a coaster by yourself.  You get weird looks.

I would like to find a good cheese shop where I could go taste cheese.  This is what happened last time I went cheese shopping.

http://www.oxford-coveredmarket.co.uk/

enter off of Market street. the Oxford cheese shop is just to the left. the line is huge but the cheese is worth the wait. If you want to know the difference between Oxford blue and Shropshire blue, Irish Cheddar and English cheddar, they can help you and let you have  wee tasting before you purchase