Anyone here follow RAAM?

Kzoo

Petite and I may see some of the riders during our Katy Trail ride next week. RAAM uses Hwy 94 in Missouri and the Katy Trail runs parallel to Hwy 94 for many miles. I've had the chance to cheer on a few riders over the years and even talk to support crew when they stopped at our rest stops.

• Heart 4

15 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

Petite and I may see some of the riders during our Katy Trail ride next week. RAAM uses Hwy 94 in Missouri and the Katy Trail runs parallel to Hwy 94 for many miles. I've had the chance to cheer on a few riders over the years and even talk to support crew when they stopped at our rest stops.

That's cool.  I have a friend that rode it solo a few years ago.  His wife crewed for him at the time.  It's a pretty tough race.

Update - Looks like we have our first DNF - This guy apparently does that a lot.

Who comes all the way from Russia for a 3000 mile race and only brings one bike? (recumbent)

SERGEY ZIMIN DNF
June 13, 2018, 4:07 pm, EDT

We just got word that Sergey Zimin (Russia) is out with a broken bicycle. He'd made it to time station #2 before he had his mechanical failure.