Weekend plans...don't forget dad

petitepedal

I ordered some nice coffee for my brother in law but it didn't come yet and not sure it will get here by Sunday.  But I'm looking forward to hearing reports from Great Adventure Part 2!  In the meantime, I'm thinking of going to the beach this weekend.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Saturday will be cleaning the garage and try to figure out why the generator in the motorhome quit working.  Sunday I will be at Road America as a spectator for the June Sprints. 

Father's day will be the first time in 15 years that I will not be competing in the motorcycle hillclimb. 

3 hours ago, Kirby said:

I ordered some nice coffee for my brother in law but it didn't come yet and not sure it will get here by Sunday.  But I'm looking forward to hearing reports from Great Adventure Part 2!  In the meantime, I'm thinking of going to the beach this weekend.

Nice photo of you playing your favorite game Kirby. Who are your friends?

• Heart 1

Saturday is the Bike MS Chesapeake Challenge. My friend Mike has MS and we are riding another one; our fifth together I think. 100 miles with a five hour goal.

Sunday, the wife, son, and I are driving down to James and Dolly Madison's Montpelier https://www.montpelier.org/visit 

I've been to Washington's Mt Vernon and Jefferson's Monticello but I've not visited this one yet. We may go back to Monticello in the Fall, it is pretty that time of year. I'll post pictures later.

1 hour ago, Old#7 said:

Saturday is the Bike MS Chesapeake Challenge. My friend Mike has MS and we are riding another one; our fifth together I think. 100 miles with a five hour goal.

Sunday, the wife, son, and I are driving down to James and Dolly Madison's Montpelier https://www.montpelier.org/visit 

I've been to Washington's Mt Vernon and Jefferson's Monticello but I've not visited this one yet. We may go back to Monticello in the Fall, it is pretty that time of year. I'll post pictures later.

Hmm, never been to Montpelier either and it's close to my MIL's house.  I'll have to check it out next time we visit.

Saturday morning I hope to finish cutting up the 3 large oaks that we had dropped last week.  Saturday afternoon WoKzoo is going to a glass blowing shop for a hour lesson and an attempt to make a tumbler.  Daughter#2 is going as well.  I think I will tag along to take pictures of the process.  Saturday evening we have a dance recital to attend for 2 granddaughters.  As someone said - sit through 2 hours of kids jumping around on stage to watch the 2 granddaughters for 5 minutes.  I'm sure there will be ice cream following.

Sunday is church in the morning.  I have no plans for the afternoon - maybe a bike ride - yeah, like that's going to happen.

We're supposed to take my FIL out for Father's Day on Saturday, and then have lunch with my nephew Sunday to celebrate his graduation. If things go the way I think they will at the vet's, I don't think I'm going to feel like doing either one...

• Sad 1

Heading to a local music fest tonight, just listening this time, then back to a friends house for wine & snacks.  Saturday catching up on work around the house, evening Mass, 2 more Masses Sunday then I'm off the clock for more yard work.  Then meeting DiL and son for dinner, they're in town for a wedding so we get a few hours with them.  Not sure if daughters will be there.  A pretty laid back weekend for a change!

We're having a pool party Saturday (tomorrow!) at my brother's to celebrate two birthdays and Father's Day for several dads in our extended family.

I think it's my turn to buy a bushel of steamed crabs, which should run me $110 - $150.

Instead of getting my 10 year-old nephew a present he may not really want, I'm giving him an IOU for presents he chooses at the gift centers at the National Aquarium, Maryland Science Center, Goddard Space Flight Center's Visitor Center, or the Smithsonian - all of which we plan to hit this summer.

Saturday is my wedding anniversary, so we have plans with friends tonight who's anniversary is the day after.  Sunday is nothing special as all three kids are out of town, so I will chat with all of them and call my Dad back east.

But..., sunny weather is on the horizon and to start the season off a boat overturned, 3 people are missing, so I may spend my whole special weekend on a work related road trip.  Still waiting for details to filter in

• Sad 1

Tonight going to the Muny Theater in STL to see "Jerome Robbins Broadway".

Saturday babysitting 3 of the grandboys and get packed for the Katy Trail ride next week.

Sunday afternoon drive to the start of the Katy Trail ride and do a Day 0 ride of about 25 miles on part of the Katy not on the official ride. Unlike Petite, I only have to drive about 50 miles to get there.

Working on the bathroom renovation. Tiling the walk-in shower, finish last few sheets of drywall and start taping that. Hope to be all done by a week from Monday. Need to sneak some miles in on the bike too.

12 minutes ago, Dottie said:

i could dig a few foundation holes with that!  Just dig one big hole and call it good.

Might take you awhile.  This old guy has seen better days, which is why my dad bought a new bigger one with diesel and how I got a hold of the old one we used to clean the livestock barns.  It's only a 15hp Onan engine, but that was back in the 60s new.  Doubt she has that much now.

I've already envisioned myself hooking onto a bush, stating to raise the bucket and catapulting myself out of it.  This old cat is pretty light in the ass end.  Growing up if we tried to lift anything heavy, I'd have to hang onto the back of it to act like a counter weight for my dad.  Sometimes I think it's amazing I've lived this long.

My son lives about two hours away, and has been without a car for several years. He finally got himself a car this past week, so he will be making the drive to see his dear old dad today, and bringing his twelve year old daughter with him.

I'm so looking forward to it.

• Awesome 1