It is a dark and stormy morning

petitepedal

Look at the bright side. It is not "A dark and Stormy Night". Then you would be compelled to finish the novel. Now at least, you can go out and do your planned adventure. While you can still write a novel, we may be satisfied with an adventurous travelogue.

Petite, according to the Sat. AM TV news, you're supposed to get whacked by bad storms Sunday, right?  They said N of Minneapolis Saturday and S on Sunday.

A tornado severely damaged a shopping center a mile from my cousin's house in NE Pennsylvania on Thursday.

We NEVER used to get tornadoes in the Mid-Atlantic until the 2000's.

People said we got all those floods in the 1970's because "we're messing around on the Moon," but I can't figure out what we're doing now to get exceptional tornado activity and volcanic eruptions.  Maybe it's those rovers on Mars.  One of them uses solar power and was just shut down for a few weeks until a major dust storm passes.  The other one is running on nuclear power.  Maybe the Martians don't like us radiating them and are fighting back.

4 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Mick,,I will be in St. Charles MO on Sunday....Raining hard now..I guess I will be re-lubing the bike tomorrow

Good to hear! I didn't realize - until reading your Almost packed! post that you're going so far from home!

Have fun!