6/16 miles & such

bikeman564™

I am currently in 4th. Timing is still coming in. Stage 6 has not been added yet. We will see. 

31 women in my age category of 40 and up. I am one of the older people here. 

I am proud of my race. Despite foot issues and very little training, I rode very well.

• Heart 3

None today.  We were going to go riding but it is windy, like gusting to 40kts here.  The issue is you have to do part of our riding on the shoulder of the highway along the shoreline and I was nervous about getting blown into traffic or cars getting pushed onto the shoulder.

So we took puppy for a walk in the park, then did some yard work

69 miles, 3:46, 18.3 avg. 770 feet climbed. Not the 100 miles we were shooting for but we went too fast too soon. The first 22.5 miles we averaged 20.4 with the young dogs. At mile 53, (lunch) the average dropped to 18.9. At mile 69, I was down to 18.3. Beautiful and perfect day for riding. Sunny blue skies with temps in the mid 80's. Wind was tough at times, but after finishing it felt refreshing. Some pics from the ride Talbot County MD, Easton, St Michaels, Tilghmans Island, Bellevue, Oxford and back. The last picture of the deadrise crab boat has a Chesapeake Bay retriever in the middle of the boat. The boat delivered three bushels of crabs to the dock. The guy at the ferry dock said that today's catch is low. Nobody was bringing crabs in today.

IMG_3214.JPG

IMG_3217.JPG

IMG_3218.JPG

IMG_3220.JPG

IMG_3221.JPG

IMG_3222.JPG

• Heart 3
  • Envious 1