Sign in to follow this  
Longjohn

BOB is making another trip to DC

Without me. A friend who is new to cycling is doing the Pittsburgh to DC trail later this month. I’m loaning him my BOB trailer. He and his son are not cyclist but are doing this adventure together. Making memories.

I also have another friend that is doing the trail the same week. She is not new to cycling but as never done anything more than day rides. I hooked her up with a trail website and she realized it may take her longer than she thought. She added two days on to her plan. She and her husband are doing this together. He is a real noob but she said he can handle it. I’m taking them to Pittsburg and seeing them off.

On 6/17/2018 at 10:01 AM, donkpow said:

Nice.

Does the trailer use a QR skewer to attach to the bike?

Yes it does. I thought about buying an extra one so I wouldn’t have to keep switching skewers when I loan out the trailer but it’s real easy to switch them.

17 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Yes it does. I thought about buying an extra one so I wouldn’t have to keep switching skewers when I loan out the trailer but it’s real easy to switch them.

Don is just planning his BOB heist.  You are helping him refine his plan.

Better put a lock on it!

Tom

5 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Don is just planning his BOB heist.  You are helping him refine his plan.

Better put a lock on it!

Tom

I'd like to build a trailer using my own specs. I can purchase BOB components for the more complex bits.

Update on my friends adventure: Both of the pairs of cyclists completed the adventure all the way to DC mile marker 0. The married couple posted daily reports and lots of photos. The lady complained about the climbing into Shepardstown and into the KOA campground in Harpers Ferry. They went for campgrounds with hot showers and electric and swimming pools wherever possible. Climbing three miles in Harpers Ferry in 100 degree heat almost broke her. She said she would never do that again.

The father and son that borrowed BOB did 83 miles the first day, two 60 miles days and two fifty mile days. They said the trip was more aggressive than they thought it would be but they had a great time and made memories.