Halfway through '18, how many miles you got?

Road Runner

I got 1,284 so far this year, including indoor miles.  Before you say indoor miles don't count, they do count if you count them.  I have physical issues that preclude me from riding outdoors in cold weather.  Besides. it's all about the effort, right?  :)  

• Heart 3

21 minutes ago, Dottie said:

I'm under a 100.  Worst year in ages.  But it's not over yet.

I might be a little over 100 if I include all the rides around the neighborhood with the kids.  I used to not count them because they didn't really count as strenuous exercise, but they are beginning to be more taxing.  

But as far as solo rides I am also under 100.

• Heart 2

By end of June, ~1,400+, and then another 300+ commuting miles.

That's about average.  I usually get more mileage in the second half of the season as my fitness is better, the weather is better (no ice or snow until January), and centuries are in that half too.

Tom

• Heart 2

Not a lot for me, around 600 miles.  I don't ride other than back and forth to work until the end of my hockey season in March, but we had a wet spring.  I am normally over 1000 by this time, so hot some catching up to do.

Just for the record, some of you are machines

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

For anyone who thinks they don't count, I invite you to one of my torture sessions in the basement.  Structured workouts can be brutal.

THEY COUNT!

But they don't count in mileage threads.  Sure, count the time, but not the miles.

Tom

• Whatever 1
  • Awesome 1

I've got 0 miles and had hoped to return to cycling in April after clearance from my surgeon, but cramping in my shoulders and neck - probably related to diabetes meds - has slowed me down. I'm in a U of Maryland study program now to modify the meds or find better times for me to take them. I was in the neighborhood of my 2017 post-shoulder-surgery physical therapists' office today and stopped in to give them an update.  Through March there was still a little pain in the shoulder but walking 72 pound Jake the Golden Doodle seems to have quickly brought an end to it and greater stretching range and I'll rent Jake to them if they have patients with similar needs!

They actually showed me how Jake pulling on the leash was a lot like some of what they did with my arm/shoulder last year.

Meanwhile, I'm now walking 3 miles for the first time since last year with much less trapezius cramping so I think I'll be riding in July.  I won't be doing a lot of miles, but I'm hoping to be doing a 10.6 mile hilly trail with a mountainbike 2x-3x per week, weather permitting by September and maybe some longer rides if I'm fit enough before winter.  I have an indoor converter I'll use in the winter.

47 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

To me they do, to you they don't.  The hardest rides I do are on the trainer.  I got a Wahoo Kickr, that thing is brutal.  You develop a program, and it keeps you to it. 

I completely forgot to include gym miles... I average  5 miles a week on the treadmill and 1.5 hours on the spin bike.