Listening to Pink Floyd's Dark Side

Dottleshead

27 minutes ago, Further said:

Lot to be said for that legal weed, eh ?

I've fooled around with that stuff (a bit) in the past but it's not my thing.  However, make no mistake that some of the best, most creative music out there was produced by altered minds.  1 in 14 Americans own a copy or had owned a copy of Dark Side of the Moon.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Dottles said:

I've fooled around with that stuff (a bit) in the past but it's not my thing.  However, make no mistake that some of the best, most creative music out there was produced by altered minds.  1 in 14 Americans own a copy or had owned a copy of Dark Side of the Moon.

Including Wheels.    :(

10 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Oddly, I owned a vinyl copy of it and returned it, I didn't care for it.  PF is in my top 10 bands.

This album had such an impact on me.  I was only like 7 or 8 years old and I remember my sister's friend blaring it out of her house speakers for the first time while sitting on their lake dock.  Afterwards, I walked a mile home and the music was still in my head.  To this day, I can remember that 'Pink Floyd DSOTM' moment.  I can tell you who I was with and what the weather was like.  Today when I hear it, it immediately takes me back 40+ years - where the world was a mysterious place and my inner youth thrived.  Young.  Innocent.  Healthy.  Beautifully impacted. 

4 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I have the 1/20/72 DSOTM rehearsal CD, and they first show they played it 1/21/72. There are times you can hear “genius” and “amazing” being uttered by those in attendance, some of whom I believe were the sound engineers. They toured that for over 13 months before the record was released 3/1/73. 

Yeah, I just recently read that!  Honestly, there are very few albums that can stand the test of time and DSOTM is right up there. It's no longer an album I listen to every month or whatever but, man, when I do, it sounds as great as ever.

5 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Yeah, I just recently read that!  Honestly, there are very few albums that can stand the test of time and DSOTM is right up there. It's no longer an album I listen to every month or whatever but, man, when I do, it sounds as great as ever.

They played the DArk Side set all the way through the Animals tour in 1975. I think 1/23/77 was the first show without it in 6 years, if I am not mistaken.