I still remember

AirwickWithCheese

3 minutes ago, Kirby said:

But if you were 30 now, you'd have missed the glorious 70's!

Let's be honest, Kirby. We romanticize it now because it was our time and we really have no choice. Greenville was mostly untouched but for most of the world the dancing hippies were in charge.  :(

Best to forget this time.    

1 minute ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Let's be honest, Kirby. We romanticize it now because it was our time and we really have no choice. Greenville was mostly untouched but for most of the world the dancing hippies were in charge.  :(

Cheese, Kirby was taking dirty dancing lessons during summer vacation in a Catskills.  You can't apply your Southern morality to her. :) 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

1 hour ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

But without the 70's we'd have no Partridge Family!  :runcirclsmiley:

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

...and don't you forget it.   Jenny ran off to San Francisco with us, Forrest. 

• Awesome 1

What makes me feel ancient is when I talk to kids born after 2000 about the 1960's and realize it corresponds to when I was a kid in the 1960's and someone talked about 1910's.

At least when I talk to college chemistry students now, the theory and practice isn't all that different from the 1970's, compared to when I went to work with WW2 chemists - my first industrial boss worked on the Manhattan Project - and they didn't have a clue when I described molecular orbitals and other post-WW2 stuff.