I am officially a relic

late

Life is what you never guess would have happened, eh?

Archeologists are digging up Woodstock. I didn't go, I had someone offer me a ride, but I was broke and 17.

You know you're old when... archeologists are digging your past up.

“This is a significant historic site in American culture, one of the few peaceful events that gets commemorated from the 1960s,” said Wade Lawrence, director of The Museum at Bethel Woods. He said the archaeologists’ work will help the museum plan interpretive walking routes in time for the concert’s 50th anniversary next year. "

https://www.apnews.com/6d91ddc1e9ee48689004072795f54f5b/Dig-it:-Archaeologists-scour-Woodstock-'69-concert-field

39 minutes ago, late said:

Life is what you never guess would have happened, eh?

Archeologists are digging up Woodstock. I didn't go, I had someone offer me a ride, but I was broke and 17.

You know you're old when... archeologists are digging your past up.

“This is a significant historic site in American culture, one of the few peaceful events that gets commemorated from the 1960s,” said Wade Lawrence, director of The Museum at Bethel Woods. He said the archaeologists’ work will help the museum plan interpretive walking routes in time for the concert’s 50th anniversary next year. "

https://www.apnews.com/6d91ddc1e9ee48689004072795f54f5b/Dig-it:-Archaeologists-scour-Woodstock-'69-concert-field

You should have gone.  You could have had a picnic in the Catskills. :nodhead:

• Awesome 1

Regarding you know you're olde, and archeology, there is a very marked contrast between American archeology/archeologists and the European variety, to do with the relatively short history in the New World, I saw a very interesting documentary on the subject and the contrast in styles.

• Awesome 1

2 minutes ago, pedalphile said:

Regarding you know you're olde, and archeology, there is a very marked contrast between American archeology/archeologists and the European variety, to do with the relatively short history in the New World, I saw a very interesting documentary on the subject and the contrast in styles.

Yeah, they don't have to dig down very far to find those used acid tabs a syringes @jsharr was talking about.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Yeah, they don't have to dig down very far to find those used acid tabs a syringes @jsharr was talking about.

They don't have to dig down far but they'll certainly go through the diggingss with a microscope. I doubt the'll find any surviving used 50 year olde tabs. Nor come to that, any of that 50 year olde human shit jsharr talks of. He does so often talk a lot of s**t.

• Haha 1

The event was well documented, they even made a movie. I doubt they will reveal any big discoveries. I really wanted to go but I was working long days and was kept too busy to make plans. Then before it even started the news was saying you couldn’t get there because traffic was at a standstill. I almost called off work and rode my motorcycle there. 

15 minutes ago, jsharr said:

There was not any underwear anywhere near Woodstock, except on the cops.  

So you've never even watched the movie...

As I like to observe in other forums, how efficient of you.

45 minutes ago, pedalphile said:

If you can remember the name, I'd be very appreciative.

One of the reasons Europe is a cool place to go is to be able to stand in a place thousands of years old. For me,  Mecca is St Marks Square in Venice. You can sit in the square, at a cafe's outdoor tables, have an Americano and just let the history soak in. In a lot of ways, this is where it started.

12 minutes ago, jsharr said:

In Texas, we just say "Well Bless Your Heart"  to people like me.

I've been told what that means. Personally, never been there, don't want to go, except maybe Austin, mostly for the food.

4 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Out my ass like everyone else.  Primarily egg farts but some beer farts as well.

Alright.  I'll give you a pass.  Beer farts are lame and a disqualifier unless you're drinking rot-gut-piss-water-bottom-of-the-barrel crap.  However, egg farts are sulfuric and something to be reckoned with.

5 hours ago, jsharr said:

Why would anyone want to excavate a bunch of hippie dung?  That is all they left behind, used syringes, bad acid tabs and a whole shit ton of human waste.

I feel the same way.  But I want to call out your exceptional mnemonic word play here :  'shit ton of human waste'

• Heart 1