Must Resist....

ChrisL

My new job offers free Starbucks, pastries, bagels & fruit every day.  I generally grab some fruit but pass on the pastries. I did partake in a bagel once.  

My office is near the break room and someone has toasted a bagel and it smells so freaking good....  Ugh don't need the carbs but damn.

• Heart 2

That would be hard to resist, yes.  In losing weight and trying to maintain it, one of the rules I've made for myself is to pass on pastries, doughnuts, etc. unless they're Really Good.  People bring in Dunkin Donuts here and it's easy to say "no thanks" to those because they are crap.  But the pastries at Starbucks are a different matter. 

My wife and I used to get these maple oat nut scones there, with a generous layer of maple icing.... damn, they were good. 

The little coffee shop on the ground floor where I worked in Philadelphia also had some really good things (and back then I wasn't thinking diet).  Lemon pound cake... corn muffins... Jewish apple cake.... all buttery and delicious.  That place would be testing my willpower every day if I still worked there.