All done..waiting for the bus

petitepedal

The trail was mushier than normal and I am glad that I installed fenders. I am either putting on wider tires or buying a new bike with them before next year.

Considering that we had headwinds all 5 days, going the opposite direction next year should be better. Should - Mother Nature can be a bitch.

• Heart 3

42 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

The trail was mushier than normal and I am glad that I installed fenders. I am either putting on wider tires or buying a new bike with them before next year.

Considering that we had headwinds all 5 days, going the opposite direction next year should be better. Should - Mother Nature can be a bitch.

You should know that it was hotter than hell -- ok in the high 70s -- and dry all week.  In fact it's been dry all month really and it'll be dry for the next week up here in the PNW.  There would have been no such thing as a wet trail.  Admit it Jerry -- that stings just a little bit.  The PNW better weather than the South?  Better weather for your bike ride?

It's just nice to remind people that:

3 minutes ago, Further said:

Did you met the man ?

...no. We traveled in different orbits.  I was an east coast/upper Midwest hippie.  By the time I got to California, Reagan was president.

I went to a really insane talk by Ram Dass once, and Wavy Gravy used to show up at stuff in D.C. :)

1 minute ago, Page Turner said:

...no. We traveled in different orbits.  I was an east coast/upper Midwest hippie.  By the time I got to California, Reagan was president.

I think you would have got along well, had you met. I'd have liked to have met him.

• Awesome 1

15 hours ago, Page Turner said:

...I had a bus. :loveshower:

The Doors reference the "blue bus" in their song, "The End." Other definitions in this site mention that oxycontin may have been referred to as "blue bus" or that it was a reference to the mentally disabled. While it is possible that the first reference has some significance, the second is obviously wrong.

More likely, however, is that this is a direct and literal (not metaphoric) reference to Santa Monica's "Big Blue Bus" system which serves the area of Western Los Angeles, including Jim Morrison's Venice Beach. The Doors were fond of references to LA and it is not surprising that this reference to a local public transit system would go unnoticed and appear confusing to fans outside the area.
"The blue bus is calling us." 
"Meet me at the back of the blue bus." 
www.bigbluebus.com