Life in a trip to the QT

AirwickWithCheese

I like the way you can see a trip to the gas station as an existential enlightenment.  Those pre-order kiosks are very annoying because you can't customize things the way you really want to.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

12 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I like the way you can see a trip to the gas station as an existential enlightenment.  Those pre-order kiosks are very annoying because you can't customize things the way you really want to.

The place I get my gas you can customize more than I’ve ever seen. Once you know the ropes the kiosk works very well. I complete my order, grab whatever else I want, pay, and by then my order is usually ready.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

The place I get my gas you can customize more than I’ve ever seen. Once you know the ropes the kiosk works very well. I complete my order, grab whatever else I want, pay, and by then my order is usually ready.

Your order is ready?  What the hell are you people talking about?  You buy food from a gas station?  :scratchhead:

• Awesome 1

8 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Is that Sheetz?  We got to know their touch screens pretty well over the last couple years. 

Around here Wawa uses the same type of thing and yes, there must be a bajillion combinations, with details down to "mayo", "no mayo", "little bit of mayo", "lite mayo", etc.  I think the kids like ordering sandwiches more than eating them (which may be at least partly the intent).

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

haven't paid cash for gas in probably 15 or 20 years, or whenever they started letting you use a card at the pump. 

Paying for gas before you pump your gas is a PITA. In the bad parts of Youngstown all of the pay at the pumps have been disabled. How in the heck do you know how much gas you need before you pump it?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

Apparently, people here are concerned about the ease, or lack thereof, of ordering food from a gas station.  ?

I got pizza once from a gas station.  It was an experiment.  Never............ again.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I got pizza once from a gas station.  It was an experiment.  Never............ again.

Eat here and get gas!!!

I used to race with and against a guy that came up with unique names for his boats and his craft beer.

His race boat was named Diesel Snack.  Apparently while trailering from Texas to NY state for a class championship he saw an exit sign that listed what you could get if you exited there.  DIESEL / SNACK.  

His craft beer was named Vang Damn It! as this was something he would yell as the boat was about to broach or roll over to the non sailers, under the spinnaker.  You have to release the vang to take pressure off the main sail to help prevent the broach.  The vang is a device that keeps the boom from rising on down wind runs when the main sheet is eased off to let the sail out.

• Heart 1

26 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Your order is ready?  What the hell are you people talking about?  You buy food from a gas station?  :scratchhead:

After running a comb through my hair, I realized yesterday's haircut was subpar and left me unqualified to socialize with the beautiful people dining at the QT. 

Instead I decided to get the carryout special from Pizza City in the old Hardees across from Graceland on Wade Hampton Boulevard. The ladies here are very cute, but Hispanic, so they are accustomed to below average looking men. 

The young lady that took my order was a raven hair beauty with peach fingernail polish. She didn't give me quite the big smile she has in the past but I didn't have to deal with kiosks and I certainly felt I held my own against the majority of migrant workers. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, TrentonMakes said:

Is that Sheetz?  We got to know their touch screens pretty well over the last couple years. 

Around here Wawa uses the same type of thing and yes, there must be a bajillion combinations, with details down to "mayo", "no mayo", "little bit of mayo", "lite mayo", etc.  I think the kids like ordering sandwiches more than eating them (which may be at least partly the intent).

https://www.sheetz.com/sheetz

9 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

This is sure to get this thread hidden as soon as a mod finds out.

Bikeman is not Mexican, he's too handsome and likes Debbie Gibson. Kzoo looks like Martin Mull. Krazy could be partly Argentine, but he's too busy chasing down drivers that failed to smile at him at a red light. 

Maxx is the best looking one of the four. 

• Heart 1

20 hours ago, TrentonMakes said:

I love how I can go hog wild and add every condiment now to man to a hoagie. :D  Including roasted peppers at no extra charge, along with jalapeno and banana peppers <heart>  Good point aboot the kids loving the touch screens angle.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

2 minutes ago, Further said:

WaWa puts Sheetz to shame, I used to like Sheetz but since they started concentrating on food, their food sucks. 

When I discovered I had dropped down to 180 lbs. this year I started stopping at Sheetz on my way to the lake and getting a six inch sub on whole wheat to take in my kayak for my lunch. I really like the sub I buy, I load it up with veggies and jalapenos and onions with a little Asian dressing. They cook food too but I haven't tried any of their cooked food.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

When I discovered I had dropped down to 180 lbs. this year I started stopping at Sheetz on my way to the lake and getting a six inch sub on whole wheat to take in my kayak for my lunch. I really like the sub I buy, I load it up with veggies and jalapenos and onions with a little Asian dressing. They cook food too but I haven't tried any of their cooked food.

There is a Sheetz next to work, used to stop & get a breakfast sandwich occasionally, but they turned into a gut bomb ass blaster 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Further said:

There is a Sheetz next to work, used to stop & get a breakfast sandwich occasionally, but they turned into a gut bomb ass blaster 

I'm not a big fan of breakfast sandwiches but for awhile we were bringing them for the granddaughters on Sunday mornings and we got them as well. The Mickey Dee's breakfast sandwiches were better than the gas station sandwiches.