Have you ever lipped off to an on duty Police Officer?

Wilbur

1 minute ago, Zephyr said:

Cops are a bit like a mirror.  Like it or not, their actions often tend to be a reflection of your own actions/attitudes

...I like to call them "Officer".  I fell like there's less chance of guns being drawn, which results in more positive outcomes.

• Heart 2
  • Whatever 1

Just now, Zephyr said:

@AirwickWithCheese just posted this.  Is this the elusive cheese?  What is Kirby waiting for?

cheese.jpg

...I saw on Hollywood Tonight that she has another marriage proposal, this one from Richard Grieco.

At a guess, I think she's probably weighing both options, and will eventually let both men down gently.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Yes, many times, always sober.

When they worked for me..., worked out fine.

When I worked for them..., not so much.

And before this turns into a "I dealt with such an asshole cop one time..." thread remember this...

Cops are a bit like a mirror.  Like it or not, their actions often tend to be a reflection of your own actions/attitudes

You mean like, don't resist arrest and you might not get your ass kicked?  :) 

• Haha 1

Not me personally but I witnessed a lipping off episode. Did not end well. I ran into a buddy from high school; I'll refer to him as Dave cause that was his name. We were 20 -21 years old. Had a few beers and some other things. Went to get some take out. I was pulled over for doing 40 or so in a 35. Guilty. Give me my ticket, don't smell my breath and we'll be on our way. I was all, yes sir, no sir when Dave decided that I was being hassled by the man for no reason. Dave verbally disputed the cop's version of events. I told Dave to shut up. The cop told Dave to listen to me. Dave kept mouthing off. Cop arrested Dave and told me to go straight home. No need to tell me twice officer, see ya Dave. No ticket and Dave's dad had to bail him out of jail later that night. Dave joined the Navy a year of so later when he was busted in the bed of his next door neighbor by her Dad. Dave was given the choice of jail or the Navy.

• Heart 2

...everyone in the fire department used to go out of his way to carry his fire department ID card in a place where it would show up if you showed your driver's license.  There was some strange idea going back before my time that, somehow, a city cop would give you some professional courtesy and let a ticket slide if he knew you were a fireman.  I never bought into it, because I knew of at least two cases where firemen were living with women separated from, but still married to cops.  I just took my chances on saying, "Yes officer, you are right.  I did a stupid thing.  I am very sorry." Which usually does not work either.:angry:

• Heart 1

35 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

Not me personally but I witnessed a lipping off episode. Did not end well. I ran into a buddy from high school; I'll refer to him as Dave cause that was his name. We were 20 -21 years old. Had a few beers and some other things. Went to get some take out. I was pulled over for doing 40 or so in a 35. Guilty. Give me my ticket, don't smell my breath and we'll be on our way. I was all, yes sir, no sir when Dave decided that I was being hassled by the man for no reason. Dave verbally disputed the cop's version of events. I told Dave to shut up. The cop told Dave to listen to me. Dave kept mouthing off. Cop arrested Dave and told me to go straight home. No need to tell me twice officer, see ya Dave. No ticket and Dave's dad had to bail him out of jail later that night. Dave joined the Navy a year of so later when he was busted in the bed of his next door neighbor by her Dad. Dave was given the choice of jail or the Navy.

Her dad?  Navy?  Did you mean his dad?  Busted by her dad would be Marines, or maybe the army.

Back in the day I had a buddy who was restoring a 69 Camaro but it was in rough shape.  His wife worked in an affluent neighborhood with hardly any crime.  He just got the car running son asked if I wanted to go for a test ride while he picked up his wife.

We were driving the speed limit, car is properly registered and all lights work and we got pulled over.  Cop says "what are you doing here?"  Picking up my wife from work.  Bull shit, what are you doing here?" Officer, my wife works at ..... and I'm picking her up.  Hand in weapon but still holstered, Both of you out of the car!!!!

My buddy looks at me and tell him just to go with it.  He has us on the sidewalk, asks for ID and I badge him.   He says why didn't you say anything?  Because you didn't give me a fucking chance and dude that was a bullshit traffic stop and you know it.  He says well you know how it is her in this city.  Whatever dude and he lets us go.

• Heart 2

My brother and his miscreant buddy were cruising in Highland Park, the snootiest part of Dallas, in a 69 camaro with loud exhaust.  Cop pulls them over and tells them it was due to exhaust noise.  The cop then starts to search the car, opening the ashtray and glove box.  I am not sure if Corky or my brother was the one that told the cop the mufflers were not in the glove box, but the search took quite a while after that.  He finally let them go.

My current boss and I were in his Ferrari in Plano back in the day and he was making the speed limit his bitch when we got pulled over.  The cop was being a bit rude and the boss asked him why.  He told my boss that his wife was on the way to the hospital and he was stuck in this parking lot dealing with us.  Not sure of the exact words, but it was not polite.

Boss's reply was "good, I hope she dies".   I am not sure how we avoided jail that night.   That was about the tensest moment I ever had with a cop.  Boss and cop were both in the wrong, but the bosses comment was WAY over the line.

• Heart 1
  • Confused 1

When I was about 15 me and a couple buddies started teasing the local small town cops, there was the guy we knew in the car and a new guy who was just breaking in. We were obnoxious enough that they finally said go home or go to jail, see you on the street again tonight and you're getting hauled in.

We walked away but waited on a corner till they passed by then jumped out yelling shit at them.

I would have never believed that an over weight cop could run so fast.

We got away, but it was a small town and I was nervous every time that cop passed on the street for awhile. 

I detest Bill Cosby but he was right about teenage brains, they are damaged. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

Being a young gearhead I was always subject to being pulled over even though I tried to be nice.  When you're driving a modified Corvette or a very large block Dodge Dart or worse, the 500 plus hp thing with a wing and a pointy nose painted in arrest me red you are going to get into trouble for the smallest things.  My experiences were with southern policemen and the lessons were, always be nice, always tell them what your going to do before you do it (my wallet is in my right hip pocket sir may I get it?) and always give them an opportunity to let their inner gearhead out because so many of them are.  17 traffic stops in VA and no tickets except for the famous "did the car ever move" one that was thrown out.

After all that, I did mouth off once and later after I stopped shaking I decided that I was lucky even though I was right.  VA is full of 4 lane divided highways that have left turn lanes.  It was a dark and stormy night and I was on one such approaching another 4 lane divided highway coming into mine at a T intersection.  They had stop signs before entering my road and I had a yield sign on my left turn lane onto their road.  I was on the through road and they were at an end.

Into the left turn lane, no oncoming traffic, no problem prepared to turn left.  At the last second I slammed on my brakes as a police car entered my road from the stop sign without stopping.  We literally slid to a stop my drivers door to his passenger door.  He jumped out and screamed at me "do you know what that yield sign back behind you means"  

I responded  "yes sir, it means that I have the right of way over that stop sign behind you"

He looked at the stop sign.  He looked at me.  He looked at the stop sign again.  He looked at me.  After one more look at the stop sign he said "It's a damn good thing you didn't hit me kid" and got back in his car and drove off.

It's difficult for a policeman to admit that perhaps he was being a jerk.  :nodhead:

• Heart 3

27 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Yes sir.  No sir.  No excuse sir.   

This, even the two times it was a BS traffic stop - I was pissed off but maintained a respectful tone. 

I definitely believe any police officer can find something to ding you for if you mouth off at them.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, jsharr said:

Her dad?  Navy?  Did you mean his dad?  Busted by her dad would be Marines, or maybe the army.

Yes, her Dad. His response was, jail or the Armed Forces, pick one. Dave picked the Navy and wound up on Diego Garcia. Served maybe two years. Not sure if his discharge was honorable or not.