So what was your funniest police experience?

Ralphie

Mine was when dropping off a date at her dorm and State Trooper followed me 15 or so miles until I was turning off the highway. When he pulled me over noted he heard a car peeling out of Webber College - didn't actually see it, just heard it then saw my car and followed me. I didn't know what to say so pointed out that this was a 6 cyl 63 Rambler Classic, and as far a peeling out, thanked him for the compliment.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

Mine was when dropping odd a date at her dorm and State Trooper followed me 15 or so miles until I was turning off the highway. When he pulled me over noted he heard a car peeling out of Webber College - didn't actually see it, just heard it then saw my car and followed me. I didn't know what to say so pointed out that this was a 6 cyl 63 Rambler Classic, and as far a peeling out, thanked him for the compliment.

I remember reading an article in Car and Driver aboot a guy with an MG who looked forward to VW Bugs at stoplights. :D

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Having a few drinks with a former cop and founder of a prominent coffee chain.  He had 7 of his former cop buddies in the office and they were all telling war stories.  When my boss was out of the room, they would tell stories of how stupid he was as a cop.  :) 

Tim Horton!

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Was working a prostitution sting.  Undercover female cops working as hookers  and would take them to a motel room where we were next door for booking and processing.

So we nail this kid who is barely 18, looks like a regular clean cut kid.  Kid is nervous as hell, shaking nearly in tears clean record. As we are processing him the female arresting officer looks at us and says hold up.   She motions for the kid to get up, we unhook him and she says kid tonight is your lucky night.

Kid lights up and says  I'm gonna get laid!?!?!?  Arresting officer has a look of shock and is dumbfounded...  She  says get this kid outta my face before I change my mind!!!!  

We take the kid outside who still is unsure if he's actually gonna get lucky or not and tell him to haul ass before the arresting officer nabs him for being stupid.  Kid runs off as we bust up laughing.

Still makes me laugh...

There is lucky and then there is REALLY lucky. :D

• Heart 1

I was in a strange to me town, after dark, in a work van. I missed my left turn on a divided 4 lane, so at the next left turn lane I pulled a U turn.

Saw the no U turn sign & the cop at about the same time. He pulled the U turn right behind me and hit the lights. 

I had had a long day of travel & work & was kind of manic. As he approached the van I kind of yelled that I hadn't seen the sign and was sorry. He asked me how I  knew the the U turn was why he stopped me. I looked him straight in the eye and asked "why the fuck else would you be stopping me?" 

He burst out laughing, glanced at my papers and sent me on my way.

• Heart 1

We used to drink a lot in SA. The popo also likedt to run check points with light towers and hidden chase cars to get the reluctant blower. 

Anyhoo Wo2, the light drinker, is driving and 2F is being 2F. We pull over, it's the same cop we've seen for about the last 4 weeks in a row. Wo2 rolls down the window, cop sticks his face in, asks if she's been drinking. She say a couple of glasses of vino with dinner, he says OK be on your way. 2F leans over & sez "Hey, can I blow in that thing?"  Cop blinks, sez "Sure, just pull up there". She did. (She was 75% pissed and 75% mortified. ) I blew a 0.06. Cop sez I could had about 2 more drinks in the last hour. I thanked him & we went on out way (in silence). 

A buddy back in high school was the smoothest talking, funniest guy you could ever meet. A big camping weekend up in the Adirondacks, where all the kids from school would go camping and party like the animals we were.

So Scabby (school nicknames are so PC ) gets picked up by  two state troopers for underage drinking. He lays on a story about wanting to become a state trooper, and he knows he made a mistake...  The troopers drop him off at the campground with warm wishes..

The very next night Scabby is picked up walking along the highway, dressed in a pair of tighty whities & nothing else. 

The troopers gave him the hard stare. Scabby's first words "is this going to hurt my chances of getting into trooper school ? "

Dropped of at the campground again. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, 2Far said:

I asked the trooper if he had any warnings left in his book. 

He said no. 

Then, I asked him if he could use one out of tomorrow's book. 

I laughed at this the last time you told this story. Can you make some new material? ?

• Heart 1

Leaving work one Friday afternoon. Meeting friends for happy hour to celebrate a promotion. Long, traffic-filled straight away with "No Turn" signs at every cross street. These are to keep the workers (us) from cutting thru the neighborhoods (them). I had to go home to change before happy hour. Home was left, right, straight, left (shortcut). Following the law would have taken 15 minutes longer going the same way as everyone else. The car in front of me made the illegal left; I followed. Cop. Shit, we're busted. We both get pulled over. To save time, I get out of my car, license and registration in hand. Cop yells at me, "get back in your car."  Takes his sweet ass time writing the other driver up, who, I could hear yelling in protest of the small town regulations against free use of public roads. His argument didn't help much as he got his ticket. Now my turn. The cop walks back to the squad car, gets in, yaks on the radio and gets back out. Ambles over to me slowly, takes my license and registration, ambles slowly back to the squad car. Gets in. Does some stuff and reverses the whole slow roll back to me. "Mr. Delaney, have you heard the phrase, 'lucky day'?" "Yes sir, it's your lucky day, you got two tickets in one stop." "No, that's not quite right. When I pulled you over, I had one ticket left in my book. I wrote that last one already. Don't do that again." "No sir I won't, thank you."

• Heart 1

When I was in my 30's and in the Jaycees, about 6 of us from our chapter crammed into my car and drove to a Jaycees chapter in Southern Maryland to celebrate a Membership Night.

Afterward, we were driving home and still in Southern MD when we reached an intersection.  Suddenly, a cop car appeared at each one of the four directions, cops, with guns drawn, assembled behinds the cars and we heard, "Get out of the car with your hands up!"

Confused but not stupid, we got out of the car - at least one guy illegally with an open beer container in the car spilled it all over himself - with our hands raised as ordered.  Then we heard one cop yell, "It's not them!"

Almost as instantly as they appeared, the four cop cars zoomed away - apparently looking for a similar car - and we nervously laughed, except of course the guy with the wet pants.