charlie burgh

Not a gun to me personally though it was waved around my general direction during a jewelry store heist. 

I did have an attempted robbery by knife point at my old shop I ran. I was friends with the gun shop next door and openly carried a .45

This junkie walks in and points a knife at me telling me he is gonna fuking kill me if I don't hand over the gold/cash.

I laughed and pulled my gun on him and started counting down from five...

He ran before I hit two.

back in Texas, we got into a fuss with some people outside a roadhouse sort of bar.Out there in the gravel parking lot somebody put a shotgun to my chest and pulled the trigger

turns out the gun wasn't loaded, but it sure was exciting anyway

and I grew up in Houston, so yea, I've been held up at gunpoint, who hasn't?

what I really like is the smell of lead flying through the air over your head from a shotgun blast

I think you have to have spent some time in Texas to really appreciate that sort of thing

if you ever want to get shot at, just go archery hunting on Youth Squirrel Hunt Saturday up here in Pennsylvania

bring ya a ciggarrette and a blindfold and then just move around a little in your treestand is about all it will take

Yes. Once while I was walking on railroad tracks near some woods, I head a 'plink' on some nearby rocks the then 'bang'. Then another plink/bang combo. That's when it dawned on me that I was being shot at. I jumped over the tracks and headed off in the other directions. They were either a lousy shot or were just having fun scaring me.

Another time a jerk neighbor and I got into an argument and he pulled out a pistol. While he didn't point it directly at me, it was enough for the cops to arrest him and he had to stand trail. Got off with a slap on the wrist.

A cop pulled out his gun when pulling me over for a traffic infraction. I was doing donuts in the snow of a K-Mark parking lot. Alcohol was involved.

Yep, worked at a steak house during high school, was closing one Friday night, took the grease from the grill trap out to the container and was met with a snub nose 38 between the eyes.  Guy calmly told me to lead him the office, put the gun at my temple and cocked the hammer back.  Went to the office he told me to get on the floor and told the manager to put the money in a bag and don't say a word.  He told us we were being watched by his partner through the front windows with a sniper rifle and if we called the cops he would open fire.  Dude left the office and I jumped to call 911, the manager is freaking out about the sniper, it told him to shut up there 3 concrete block and brick walls between us and the front window.  The alarm company had already called they'd cops since the back door was not alarmed per protocol.  Cops arrived as the guy was running through the field and he shot at the cops.  He got away with over 7,000 in cash.

I've had something like that railroad story. Up in Alaska me and pop were tracking some rabbits in the snow and some other folks  were out there taking target practice. They couldn't see us, but the spent rounds were slinging by us. We hollared out to them and they stopped shooting until we got clear

yes,   but it was a rifle. for shooting moose.  i am not a moose.

missed me put a burn on my face, went through the kitchen cupboards, missed the dishes, through that wall, the dining wall, the next wall, the brick and lodged in the neighbours brick wall 60 ft away.  

i could not hear for a while.

I have never been shot at or had a gun pointed at me in anger.  

I do know several people who had close calls.

Co worker was at deer camp and one of the guys was cleaning his "unloaded" pistol.  Of course, it fired and blew the stock off his deer rifle, which as leaning against his bed.

Another deer camp, different group of guys, a co workers cousin dropped a box of cartridges and thought he had picked them all up.  His wife later swept the trailer and emptied the dust pan into the camp fire ring.  Apparently she swept up some loose rounds and the fire took a couple of pot shots at them that night.

The cousin was asked to leave the lease and not come back.

My dad was in a gang basically back in high school in Corpus Christi in the 50s.  He told of a run in they had with another group.  A gun was pointed at my dad's group. One of the guys with my dad suggested they all rush the gunman, his logic being he could not shoot them all.  This same guy turned out to be a lawyer later in life.  No shots were fired

Another time, the same group of guys was out having a pig roast on land that was adjacent to The King Ranch.  A King Ranch line rider rode up to the fence close to where they were.  Dad said the guy looked like a Mexican bandit.  Big hat, pistols on his hips, bandoleros of bullets across his chest, just mean looking.  He just sat and stared at them until they decided it was time to leave.  Not a word was exchanged.  Dad said none were needed.

Had a kid point a toy gun (very real looking) at me on the Interstate. I just casually looked over to the car on my left and there's a kid pointing right at me. I of course nearly lost control of my car and then caught back up to the vehicle behind and called the police on them, and they were pulled over while I maintained a discreet distance. Parents had no idea that the kid was doing anything wrong.

I never could see the person carrying the weapon in the shooting incident though. You rarely do in those circumstances.

Okay, I'll bite.

My Sophomore year of college, I walked up to my apartment to find my roommate with a gun to his head.  Then, it was pointed towards my head.  Apparently, the gangsta holding the gun was not so gangsta.  The douche canoe held it like Ice Tea does in many of his photos.  Pointing it, on its side.  

I had a gun held against me while delivering pizzas.  That one scared me the most.  

Roughly a year ago, I started taking a meeting down to Braddock.  At a half way house.  As soon as you walk out, people offer you all sorts of drugs.  One guy selling crack, became irate when I wouldn't buy his Betty Crocker.  I started to carry, shortly after that.  

I don't carry often.  Only when I have too.  And always when I have to enter an unsafe area for AA.  Or, when I go to Walmart.    

Couch