Is there such a thing as a cheater vegetarian?

Wilbur

8 hours ago, groupw said:

So cut down, then. Didn’t know we had to label ourselves based on percentage of animal protein intake!

This is pretty much me.  We don't label it and don't make a big deal about it but we have a vegetarian meal at least 2X a week.

I had some left over tofu and actually made tacos for dinner.  Taco seasoning, Cholula, fresh guacamole, tomato & cheese on lettuce wraps.  Bust on tofu all you want but they were pretty freaking tasty.

• Heart 3

We had three foster kids who their biological dad said were vegetarians. My wife always cooked vegetarian meals for them. The kids ate them but they told us they never had stuff like that at home. We asked them what they ate. They said a lot of maccaroni and peanut butter and junk food. They said when they were out with their mom she bought them McDonalds burgers. 

• Heart 1

12 hours ago, ChrisL said:

This is pretty much me.  We don't label it and don't make a big deal about it but we have a vegetarian meal at least 2X a week.

I had some left over tofu and actually made tacos for dinner.  Taco seasoning, Cholula, fresh guacamole, tomato & cheese on lettuce wraps.  Bust on tofu all you want but they were pretty freaking tasty.

Soy protein is good for those who tolerate it, hell for those who don't.  I am the latter. 

55 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Soy protein is good for those who tolerate it, hell for those who don't.  I am the latter. 

I make a lot of meals with various beans, squash & veggies as well as tofu.  With your travel it can get tough but there are a lot of meal options out there.  

I like meat and will continue to eat it, I just eat less of it.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

I have decided that I just don’t care what I eat anymore.  I am going to eat anything free or cheap, as the gods demand. 

I ate good vegan food all last weekend, though. My niece is one, you know.  My brother called me up and said he PayPalled me $100 because the niece must eat ridiculously expensive vegan food because she is nuts from being a vegan. 

I thanked him profusely for the gesture and stressed less about the money spent feeding her. 

Anyway, you can have good vegan food as long as you can afford it. Sure is a lot of wheat in vegan food, though. 

4 minutes ago, Bag of Dickbags said:

I have decided that I just don’t care what I eat anymore.  I am going to eat anything free or cheap, as the gods demand. 

I ate good vegan food all last weekend, though. My niece is one, you know.  My brother called me up and said he PayPalled me $100 because the niece must eat ridiculously expensive vegan food because she is nuts from being a vegan. 

I thanked him profusely for the gesture and stressed less about the money spent feeding her. 

Anyway, you can have good vegan food as long as you can afford it. Sure is a lot of wheat in vegan food, though. 

Cheap is one of my major criteria, along with easy. :)  Same as I like my wimmin. <-- Just kidding , said for supposed comedic effect. :D

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bag of Dickbags said:

I have to cut back on sugar.  I am an addict who backslides all the time. 

Sugar is incredibly addictive.  I really don't miss it that much when I forego it, but once I start eating it, stand back! :(  Sort of the same principle as chips or alcohol - if you are an addict, you have to just say no.

1 minute ago, Bag of Dickbags said:

I have to cut back on sugar.  I am an addict who backslides all the time. 

Me, too.

Today we are having a German chocolate cake from Two Fat Cats. Which is as good, and prob better, than any cake you have ever had.