6/23 miles & such

bikeman564™

44 @ 17.4.  It was supposed to storm off and on all day today. I called BS on the forecast and went for a ride. Even if it had stormed, I don't mind warm weather showers.

One odd thing was my rear tire was completely flat before the ride. I just swapped in a new tube and was on my way, but I did find the hole after my ride by submerging the bad tube in the sink. I marked it and now need to line it up against the tire to see if there is a corresponding hole/puncture/wire still in it. I didn't feel anything prior to the swap to the new tube, but I also didn't have a specific location to check.

Saw a small turtle just before turning into my neighborhood. Luckily some walker was pointing him out to people passing by.

IMG_6376.thumb.PNG.2a8f5e8b4734f46cbd60ae0e5fea73c0.PNG

Tom

• Heart 3

Did 440 miles in my wife's Honda Oddity. In and out of rain all day, one parking lot where a car lost control on the wet road and ended up vertical in the median. Not sure why they closed one of the two lanes on the interstate but it made for a long wait to get two lanes of bumper to bumper traffic through one lane of road.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, az_cyclist said:

199.5, the Grand Tour Lowland double.  Was a fun ride

Awesome, well done but damn, .5 mile from the big 200!?!?  I think I would have done a couple of loops in the parking lot.  Well actually I would have been done well before then so never mind!

congrats!

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Awesome, well done but damn, .5 mile from the big 200!?!?  I think I would have done a couple of loops in the parking lot.  Well actually I would have been done well before then so never mind!

congrats!

thanks.  I actually had about 1.5 miles more than the route, since I had to ride from the parking area to the hotel.  It crossed my mind to ride a bit farther, but, I have ridden 200 miles or more at least 8 times, so, when the ride is done, that works for me.

• Heart 1