Favorite TV show quotes

Road Runner

I was watching "That 70's Show" last night and heard this one.  I'm not totally sure what it means, but I like it!   :)

Eric has decided to take a year off and do absolutely nothing.  While pontificating on the wisdom of his decision, he makes this statement:

You know life is like a train.  It's bearing down on you, and guess what?  It's gonna hit you!  So you can either start running when it's far off in the distance, or you can pull up a chair, crack open a beer, and just watch it come!

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I was watching "That 70's Show" last night and heard this one.  I'm not totally sure what it means, but I like it!   :)

Eric has decided to take a year off and do absolutely nothing.  While pontificating on the wisdom of his decision, he makes this statement:

Awesome!  Is that the Dad?  He is incredibly dry. :D

Too many to list, but a perennial favourite from Barney Miller. 

Harris says that the squad room is boring and they are in a rut, always repeating the same things over and over.  He says we were probably right here 10 years ago saying the same thing!  Hell, you were probably wearing the same suit, he says to Barney.  They all leave Barney alone, and he slowly and carefully opens his suit jacket to check the label and says quietly: "A good suit should last 10 years!"  :D  Loved it. :D

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Awesome!  Is that the Dad?  He is incredibly dry. :D

Eric is the son, the main character, sort of.  This occurs right after he calls off his marriage to Donna.

Barney Miller is full of great stuff.  Great writers on that show.  :)   OTOH, I hate the intro.  I feel sad every time I see the Twin Towers.  :(

After George gets reported for having sex on his desk with the cleaning lady, he offers up this defense.  It could apply to any number of office conduct boo-boos.  :)

Was that wrong?  Should I have not done that?  I tell you I gotta plead ignorance on this thing because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing was frowned upon, you know, cause I've worked in a lot of offices and I tell you, people do that all the time.

:D 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

48 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Eric is the son, the main character, sort of.  This occurs right after he calls off his marriage to Donna.

Barney Miller is full of great stuff.  Great writers on that show.  :)   OTOH, I hate the intro.  I feel sad every time I see the Twin Towers.  :(

He is a chip off the old block - thought for sure it woulda' been the dad. :D

• Heart 1

I watched the same 70's show rerun yesterday - the one where Eric's father, Red, first told him he couldn't eat lunch and he wouldn't be allowed to eat dinner either unless he came up with a plan for what he was going to do in the future by that time. In between, in the basement, he came up with the plan "like the rich kids" of taking a year off.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of major quotes, but one of the favorites that sticks in my head is from the BBC comedy about a woman priest, "The Vicar of Dibley," where Vicar Geraldine's assistant Alice says to her, "I can't believe it's not 'I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.'"