A downside of being a veggie-centric omnivore (TM)

Ralphie

Just now, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Thew cornbread muffins look awesome but I need to keep looking for something a little lower calorie.

I worked in the yard yesterday all day long and I'm wiped out.  I just got up and am sore as -- well as sore as can be.  And I haven't eaten.  And, well, you're posting some tantalizing stuff.  I gotsta eat, man.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I worked in the yard yesterday all day long and I'm wiped out.  I just got up and am sore as -- well as sore as can be.  And I haven't eaten.  And, well, you're posting some tantalizing stuff.  I gotsta eat, man.

Tabbouleh has always interested me, but too often it is too dry and boring.  This is close to what I am thinking, but now I am thinking of more of a salsa that can stand nearly by itself.

Tabouli-with-Jalapeno-1.jpg

• Heart 1

I'm not ditching meat, but I'm trying to become more of a non-starch veggie eater.  The 25% of me that's Irish, including the Y-chromosome, loves potatoes and, diabetes dictates I have to cut down on starchy veggies and wheat products.

The 100% of me that isn't Italian loves pasta. Maybe that's related to the fact I'm 50% Polish and the Poles had a big thing for Italian architecture before my ancestors left Poland.  Maybe the Italians brought their pasta there.  After all, there's a similarity in pierogies and ravioli, right?  Anyway, I'm looking more at cauliflower or broccoli and cheese than mac & cheese now.

I'm trying to steer toward tomatoes, which are actually a fruit and not a vegetable, and peas and green beans and maybe some salad stuff with lo-cal dressings.

So I have the kickass salsa in the fridge marinating.  Tomato, scallion, jalapeno, daikon radish, carrot chips, and strawberries, with lime juice and S&P.  I've never been much of a fan of lime juice but I am hopeful this will be good.  Tastes good to start. :)

Barely made a dent in the scallions and jalapenos, so maybe corn bread later. :)