6/24 miles & such

bikeman564™

I had one of those rides that goes a little like this:

My wife was cooking dinner, but said it wouldn't be ready for a while. I thought it might be nice to get an easy ride in before eating dinner, so I got dressed and rolled out.  I immediately noticed the steady crosswind made it not too easy to take it easy. Either spin away at 15mph (taking it too easy) or push slightly harder than "easy" but be happy to be moving. Anyway, as I turned around, I became repeatedly aware that it was dinner time in the summer.  Tons of tasty smells of various barbecues or cookouts. I spent the next 50 minutes thinking constantly of food. :(  That makes for a tough 15 miles.  I should have dropped into the 7/11 and gotten an ice cream sandwich (or two). I regret that mistake now.

Needless to say, though, there was a DELICIOUS meal awaiting me when I got home.

30 @ 17.8.

IMG_6388.thumb.PNG.b1a59ef016d51f301425a10dee2e5039.PNG

Tom

• Heart 1

29@16.5. Nice day! The forecasted rain hasn’t arrived yet. Stubbed my left big toe hard on Wednesday or Thursday! I could tell it wasn’t broke, but it sure hurt for a few days. Feeling better today, but didn’t push too hard so I didn’t re-aggravate it. 

On 6/24/2018 at 8:40 PM, Razors Edge said:

I had one of those rides that goes a little like this:

My wife was cooking dinner, but said it wouldn't be ready for a while. I thought it might be nice to get an easy ride in before eating dinner, so I got dressed and rolled out.  I immediately noticed the steady crosswind made it not too easy to take it easy. Either spin away at 15mph (taking it too easy) or push slightly harder than "easy" but be happy to be moving. Anyway, as I turned around, I became repeatedly aware that it was dinner time in the summer.  Tons of tasty smells of various barbecues or cookouts. I spent the next 50 minutes thinking constantly of food. :(  That makes for a tough 15 miles.  I should have dropped into the 7/11 and gotten an ice cream sandwich (or two). I regret that mistake now.

Needless to say, though, there was a DELICIOUS meal awaiting me when I got home.

30 @ 17.8.

IMG_6388.thumb.PNG.b1a59ef016d51f301425a10dee2e5039.PNG

Tom

New and improved visualization:

https://www.relive.cc/view/1660348274#

Still haven't found out how to embed it, but it is neat.

Tom