Anyone ride around Pismo Beach?

ChrisL

57 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

My wife wants to get away for the weekend so we are thinking of packing the bikes and staying near Pismo Beach.

Anyone know any good routes that are 30-40 miles???

check ride with gps (www.ridewithgps.com) . TGhe route for the spring Solvang double century goes thru Pismo Beach.  there are some good routes around San Luis Obispo too.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

15 hours ago, az_cyclist said:

check ride with gps (www.ridewithgps.com) . TGhe route for the spring Solvang double century goes thru Pismo Beach.  there are some good routes around San Luis Obispo too.

Yep - or also find the SLO cycling club and see what rides they do.  For a long weekend, though, I find there is "enough" to do from a beach walks, shop strolls, and maybe a farmer's market visit (Thurs in SLO) or a hike in the hills.  Bikes are awesome, but maybe unnecessary for a weekend jaunt. Montana de Oro and Morro Bay are fun spots, too.

Tom

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Yep - or also find the SLO cycling club and see what rides they do.  For a long weekend, though, I find there is "enough" to do from a beach walks, shop strolls, and maybe a farmer's market visit (Thurs in SLO) or a hike in the hills.  Bikes are awesome, but maybe unnecessary for a weekend jaunt. Montana de Oro and Morro Bay are fun spots, too.

Tom

Thanks for the tips.  My sister had Property out that way so we have done all of it and more.  We never brought our bikes tho.  

We plan to ride a cool back country road my sisters property was on and am looking for a coastal route somewhere.

This is a ride trip!