Is LongJohn on vacation?

BuffJim

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

I was driving in downtown Pittsburgh this morning. When you live on a dirt road with the Amish in the boondocks driving in downtown Pittsburgh is stressful. I think I’m ready for a beer and a dip in the pool.:hapydance:

@Dottles, you think you could handle the beer and dip or would that be too stressful for you?

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

@Dottles, you think you could handle the beer and dip or would that be too stressful for you?

I feel like the temptation of beer and the possibility of intoxication and fatness would wear on me. And nobody wants to see that shit at either watering hole. Verdict: fucking stressful, man.

• Haha 1

I just saw a post from the Forge where I worked. They are shutting down next week and giving (almost) everyone the week off. Maintenance still has to work (sorry Further). See what I’m missing out on being retired? My first trip on the DC/Pittsburgh trail came about the first time they did this shutdown. They don’t announce it until halfway through the week before the shutdown to make sure the workload can handle a shutdown in production. It only gave me a few days to plan my adventure. That was the week after the trail opened. The year they connected the GAP and the C&O I had the whole trail to myself most of that trip. People didn’t know about it.

I just saw a post from the Forge where I worked. They are shutting down next week and giving (almost) everyone the week off. Maintenance still has to work (sorry Further). See what I’m missing out on being retired? My first trip on the DC/Pittsburgh trail came about the first time they did this shutdown. They don’t announce it until halfway through the week before the shutdown to make sure the workload can handle a shutdown in production. It only gave me a few days to plan my adventure. That was the week after the trail opened. The year they connected the GAP and the C&O I had the whole trail to myself most of that trip. People didn’t know about it.

• Awesome 1

14 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

all this double posting is harshing my mellow.

• Haha 1