What book are you reading?

Digital_photog

My car pool is listening to The Rooster Bar by Grisham.  I am rereading How We Learn because it didn;t sink in the first time. :D

The author is Benedict Carey, and I am thinking he HAS to be Englich or Kanadian, because what Amurrican would name their kid Benedict? :facepalm:

Nope!  Amurrican. :scratchhead:

Now I am reading The Guardian of All Things: The Epic Story of Human Memory.  It is a somewhat dense book and this is my second or third attempt.  So far so good.

Other things in life need those : descriptor phrases, like

RR: Arrogance R Us

Cheese: The Different Drummer Exemplified.

etc.

Founding Rivals: Madison vs Monroe, The Bill of Rights, and the Election That Saved a Nation.

In 1789, Madison and Monroe ran against each other for Congress - the only time that two future Presidents have contested a congressional seat. Madison was one of the Constitution's principal authors. Monroe was one of its leading opponents. Madison's victory helped secure the passage of the Bill of Rights. 

36 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

Founding Rivals: Madison vs Monroe, The Bill of Rights, and the Election That Saved a Nation.

In 1789, Madison and Monroe ran against each other for Congress - the only time that two future Presidents have contested a congressional seat. Madison was one of the Constitution's principal authors. Monroe was one of its leading opponents. Madison's victory helped secure the passage of the Bill of Rights. 

I started this about a year ago.  I put it down shortly after starting it.  I haven’t been able to pick it back up. Let me know what you think of it.

• Heart 1

The Gods of Guilt by Michael Connelly

Been flipping back and forth between Connelly, who writes court room drama based around an eccentric defense lawyer who offices out of the back of a Lincoln Town Car and an author named Brad Taylor, who writes techno political thrillers

• Heart 1

Nothing at the moment, but on vacation in a few weeks I'm planning to read Louise Penny's A Trick of the Light.  I like the writing in her books so much that I don't want to read them in a rushed manner with a chapter or so at night after work.  I always save one for vacation where I can read at leisure and get caught up in the world presented in the books.

31 minutes ago, jsharr said:

The Gods of Guilt by Michael Connelly

Been flipping back and forth between Connelly, who writes court room drama based around an eccentric defense lawyer who offices out of the back of a Lincoln Town Car and an author named Brad Taylor, who writes techno political thrillers

I've kind of gotten into Connely's Harry Bosch series. I kind of like it that the hero is an old guy like me.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

I've kind of gotten into Connely's Harry Bosch series. I kind of like it that the hero is an old guy like me.

If I ever dig my way out, I think I will give that a try. I've enjoyed a lot of detective stories.

I got 2 more scifi books from the library, and I need to squeeze that serious book in. (It's not really about time, it's laziness).

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

Just checked these out of the library this morning. Haven't decided which to start in on first.

That reminds of the Shootout in the Whiteout in that Trevanian book, not sure which one, maybe Shibumi.

Takes place on a flat mtn top in a whiteout. I don't think I'd enjoy that.

Just started Saturn Run, I liked the beginning, but then a lot of scifi is fast out of the gate only to fall on it's face in the backstretch.

Something very big and very alien just dropped into orbit around Saturn, and we're gonna take a look see.