Eating. Out of control. Dangerous.

Randomguy

4 minutes ago, Bag of Dickbags said:

I eat at work constantly, and enormous amounts.  A big meal, really big, and then a big snack, then another big meal. 

I blame work. 

I blame your coworkers for leaving all the stuff in the breakroom fridge for you to steal.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 2

In the last year, I've quit drinking and smoking.  I never was a big smoker but I've been on and off for the last 20 years and they all tied into my drinking.  So when I quit drinking, smoking totally lost its appeal.  Filthy and disgusting addiction anyway.  But that does mean I've been substituting some and now it's my weight.  I have gained 20 pounds since last August and I'm battling.  It's been a struggle now but I think I may be gaining the upper hand.  Like everything, eating has a relationship to us -- not always the biological one -- like comfort, an indulgence, a reward, entertainment, purpose to get out and about, substitution for other desires, pain, etc.  Identifying triggers is important but often it requires being really anal and document your food intake throughout the day and tabulate your exercise.  It's not rocket science.  Intake needs to be equal or less than output.  Sounds easy and simple but not necessarily.

...in certain individuals, overeating can be a symptom of unsatisfied emotional need.

You need to find a hot, young, female sex therapist while you can still find your penis.

As children, we all experience varying degrees of emotional pain. The love, care, and nurturance we get from our caregivers lead us to form a positive sense of self and helps us to create our identity. Yet, no parent or person is perfect. Even the best parents are only attuned to their child’s needs about 30 percent of the time. This means that, as children, each of us was inevitably left lacking certain things we needed. We may have felt rejected, isolated, unseen, or unheard. Conversely, we may have felt intruded on, overly controlled, or intimidated by our parents. All of these factors could have impacted our relationship with food. 

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/compassion-matters/201205/whats-behind-emotional-overeating

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Same, same, same.  Story of my life.  I can control everything about my life except for my diet.  I just have no willpower.  It is really pathetic.

Not pathetic.  Just a little harder to control.  And do drink water.  Ice water.  

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

Same, same, same.  Story of my life.  I can control everything about my life except for my diet.  I just have no willpower.  It is really pathetic.

There’s a guy at the gym every morning. He’s about my age and I first noticed him because he was doing all the shoulder workouts my physical terrorist had me doing after my shoulder surgery.  I started talking with him and he indeed had shoulder surgery about a year ago. I noticed that he worked out for a couple hours every morning and no slacking, he worked hard. One day I asked him in the locker room what was up with his belly. Everything else seemed to be normal but his belly stuck out like he was pregnant. I thought it must be some medical condition but he said no, I just like to eat.

15 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

There’s a guy at the gym every morning. He’s about my age and I first noticed him because he was doing all the shoulder workouts my physical terrorist had me doing after my shoulder surgery.  I started talking with him and he indeed had shoulder surgery about a year ago. I noticed that he worked out for a couple hours every morning and no slacking, he worked hard. One day I asked him in the locker room what was up with his belly. Everything else seemed to be normal but his belly stuck out like he was pregnant. I thought it must be some medical condition but he said no, I just like to eat.

that's me!  Except I have had no surgery.

• Haha 1

I’m thinking I should probably eat some breakfast. I’ve been up for over two hours and drank a whole pot of black coffee already. We have strawberries, blueberries, watermelon, and bananas but I’m thinking I need something higher in calories. Maybe I’ll heat up that stuffed pepper with brown rice that’s in the fridge.