The weekend before Independence Day...plans and such

petitepedal

I know it is only Wednesday Night...but hey...I am ready for the weekend!!  July 4th is coming...for those of you still working....how many days will you be off next week?  One for me unless I take vacation...:dontknow:

Tomorrow is due to be lovely, Friday HOT (seriously hot), Saturday wet....and Sunday perfect.

There may be a walk tomorrow, dinner Friday Night, Cooking shows and laundry on Saturday..church and a bike ride on Sunday...Oh and I have watermelon to eat :loveshower:

Serious thunderstorms today all day and then your heat arrives here like a bad guest and stays for several days.  I'm going to have to get back into the 7am bike stuff.  This time of year at 7am your glasses fog over while riding in the forest.  The payback however are those beautiful shafts of sunlight in the mist filtering down through the trees.  At that time of the morning it won't be the heat, it will be the humidity.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

The payback however are those beautiful shafts of sunlight in the mist filtering down through the trees.  At that time of the morning it won't be the heat, it will be the humidity.

That was beautiful on the Katy...but I didn't stop to get pics...I did on the C & O.... It is so lovely to see the streams of sunlight in the forest and on the trail!

• Heart 1

Working at the LBS Saturday. Sunday we need to work around the house, maybe a bike ride. I need to get the chimneys inspected before wood burning season. We also need to book a house at Smith Mountain Lake thru VRBO; we have a few saved and need to pick one. 

I ordered some vinyl thru Amazon, Frank Zappa Hot Rats is being delivered Saturday. Zappa's Burnt Weenie Sandwich arrives Tuesday. I'm listening to Hot Rats right now via Amazon's auto rip. I love that feature.

2 hours ago, petitepedal said:

That was beautiful on the Katy...but I didn't stop to get pics...I did on the C & O.... It is so lovely to see the streams of sunlight in the forest and on the trail!

That is when I have trouble with my vision. I can see ok in the sunshine and I can see ok in the shadows but the mixture makes it so I have a hard time seeing the trail.

i’ve had Two weeks of rain every day and cold weather. Friday and Saturday are supposed to be hot. I hope they are, I could use some hot weather. Summer is supposed to be hot. Sunday I’m going to drive my SIL and her granddaughter back toward home. Her husband is going to meet me in Berkeley Springs. That’s going to take a lot of gas and toll money.

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Which is insane. If you haven't decided between those two totally different beasts, I am puzzled how buying is already in the plans.

Tom 

I am insane.  I really am up in the air about my need for truck vs my want for a truck and the economy there of.    Car makes more sense in many areas.  

4 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I know, but the rest of the time the 16 mpg and the parking a tank and all.  

I have enjoyed driving the RAV4 for the last week or so.  

I need a Swiss Army Car!  

The small SUVs are a good compromise. They get better gas mileage than a truck, can pull a trailer, and they can haul five people. RAV4 and CRVs are good vehicles.

Jethro Tull concert on Friday. Tull was my first big concert way back in 1971.

Singing in the Rain at the Muny Theater on Saturday. The Muny is an outdoor theater that holds around 10K people. That will be 10K sweating people on Saturday night. Almost pity the performers as all that dancing must be hot.

Sunday maybe an early morning bike ride.

Throughout the weekend play with the 3 grandboys who are staying with us. Daughter and SIL put in an offer on a house but someone else bid higher.

40 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Which is insane. If you haven't decided between those two totally different beasts, I am puzzled how buying is already in the plans.

Tom 

Do you ever offer helpful criticism?  Asking for a friend?  I would love to go through life all bad ass and decisive, but I tend to think things out, possibly over think them and I sometimes sacrifice my wants and even needs for my family.  

• Awesome 1

1 minute ago, JerrySTL said:

Jethro Tull concert on Friday. Tull was my first big concert way back in 1971.

Singing in the Rain at the Muny Theater on Saturday. The Muny is an outdoor theater that holds around 10K people. That will be 10K sweating people on Saturday night. Almost pity the performers as all that dancing must be hot.

Sunday maybe an early morning bike ride.

Throughout the weekend play with the 3 grandboys who are staying with us. Daughter and SIL put in an offer on a house but someone else bid higher.

What if it rains on Saturday?  Ironic, no?

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

What if it rains on Saturday?  Ironic, no?

Yep. We have had rain delays and even the occasional rainout.

A few years ago they did White Christmas in the July heat. The costumes must have been hot. I felt sorry for the actors when they do something like Cats or Little Mermaid where they have to wear costumes.

14 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Do you ever offer helpful criticism?

Heck NO!!!  I gave you good advice - get a minivan - but you shot that down. I also suggested just going with a truck again, and you waffled.  

I now offer Hyundai Genesis G90 as my final suggestion.

Tom

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Heck NO!!!  I gave you good advice - get a minivan - but you shot that down. I also suggested just going with a truck again, and you waffled.  

I now offer Hyundai Genesis G90 as my final suggestion.

Tom

Awesome!  Can I have $50k so I can put the G90 on my short list?

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

And @jsharr, if you didn't pull the trigger, add the Toyota Avalon to your list!

Lots of back seat space and a Toyota!

Tom

Found a certified 2016 Ford Taurus that is pretty well appointed with 6 years and 91,000 left of a 7 year / 100,000 mile warranty.  Only has 9,000 miles on it.  Looks new.  Going to pull the trigger on it today.

image.png.7f773b0f88b6848f04a6c88399d2d614.png

image.png.932eb232b3e210752c216a761ad06ef8.png

• Heart 1