Do you think mayonnaise feels the deep love and affection that we all want?

Randomguy

39 minutes ago, Bag of dick said:

Wow, are you trying to drive mayonnaise to kill itself?  Harsh!

8 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Yes but it lives with the knowledge that some prefer that vile stuff called Miracle Whip.  It makes life difficult for mayo.

I'm not pushing mayo into death at all.  I am saying Mayo is on it's own and by the looks of things, it's been facing the harsh realities of the world.  It's got gotta sink or swim.

37 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

I don't want to be part of a sandwich or stirred up with chunks of tuna. Therefore I think that mayo has different expectations for love and affection than humans do. The Mayo Clinic may be a better place for this kind of research.

Mayo studies at Mayo Clinic?  Where's Petite when we need her?

Mayo is a second or third tier condiment at best.  It has it's places, and they are few.  Making tartar sauce is right up there.  On a fried egg sandwich, with lots of pepper is up there too.  Turkey sandwich is also where mayo shines, if mayo ever truly shines.  And occasionally, mayo is at home on a roast beef sandwich, but only if you are out of horseradish sauce.

It probably serves a supporting role in many a restaurant's secret sauce but mayo never was and never will be a top tier condiment like Heinz 57 Ketchup.

• Whatever 1

20 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Mayo is a second or third tier condiment at best.  It has it's places, and they are few.  Making tartar sauce is right up there.  On a fried egg sandwich, with lots of pepper is up there too.  Turkey sandwich is also where mayo shines, if mayo ever truly shines.  And occasionally, mayo is at home on a roast beef sandwich, but only if you are out of horseradish sauce.

It probably serves a supporting role in many a restaurant's secret sauce but mayo never was and never will be a top tier condiment like Heinz 57 Ketchup.

Heinz 57?  Top tier?  That is laughable!  

You cannot have a blt without mayonnaise, you know. 

Heinz 57.  Really. The devil has you already, praying won’t help. 

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Bag of dick said:

Heinz 57?  Top tier?  That is laughable!  

You cannot have a blt without mayonnaise, you know. 

Heinz 57.  Really. The devil has you already, praying won’t help. 

Sir, can you tell me of a better ketchup?  Heinz is clearly the best.  I am a Texan, and we are not allowed to eat organic stuff, so I just use plain ol Heinz 57 ketchup.

https://www.seriouseats.com/2012/10/taste-test-the-best-ketchup.html

BTW, A1 is the best steak sauce and if you do not agree with me, you really should consider teabagging a sausage grinder.

• Whatever 1

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

Sir, can you tell me of a better ketchup?  Heinz is clearly the best.  I am a Texan, and we are not allowed to eat organic stuff, so I just use plain ol Heinz 57 ketchup.

https://www.seriouseats.com/2012/10/taste-test-the-best-ketchup.html

BTW, A1 is the best steak sauce and if you do not agree with me, you really should consider teabagging a sausage grinder.

Clearly we misunderstood each other, as Heinz 57 is a sauce, not a ketchup. Of the actual ketchups, Heinz is clearly superior.