How distinct is your riding style?

groupw

I was doing a call at a law firm this morning. The daughter of the owners used to ride with us when she was in college. Haven’t seen the daughter in about 5 years, but we stay in touch through Facebook  

2 weeks ago they were traveling to a family event. We were on the Calamus Half Century ride. I guess as they were passing us (there were about 200 riders), the daughter said “Hey! There’s Doug (me)! I’d know his riding style anywhere!”

I admit my right knee tends to stick out when I am tired and forget about form. Before I really got into riding, my old bike had a bent pedal. It was more comfortable when I stuck my knee out. I have worked on improving my form. The daughter even told me once it was getting harder to know it was me from a distance because I had cleaned it up. But when I get tired, the old posture comes through. 

What about you? Can other riders recognize your style before they recognize your face?

19 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Yes. It is like a fingerprint. I rode with my buddy recently and he said he Iikes following me. He said he likes the lines I take and said that I ride more like a guy than any girl he rode with. I think that means I take the hard line most often. :)

He like to follow you 'cause he likes to look at your................ pedal stroke.

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, groupw said:

What about you? Can other riders recognize your style before they recognize your face?

I believe folks mistake me for Sagan when I'm out riding.

However, for some reason folks seem to call me Lance.  I get a lot of "Hey Lance! Get the eff off the road you a-hole."

So, maybe a mix of Sagan and LA?

Tom

• Heart 4