Tell me about lunch.

Randomguy

Lunch - the mid-day meal.

I did the research for you - You're welcome

In general, during the Middle Ages the main meal for almost everyone took place late in the morning, after several hours of work, when there was no need for artificial lighting. During the 17th and 18th centuries, this meal, called dinner, was gradually pushed back into the evening, creating a greater time gap between breakfast and dinner. A meal called lunch came to fill the gap.[6] A formal evening meal, artificially lit by candles, sometimes with entertainment, was a supper party as late as the Regency era.

Up until the early 19th century, luncheon was generally reserved for the ladies, who would often have lunch with one another when their husbands were out. As late as 1945, Emily Post wrote in the magazine Etiquette that luncheon is "generally given by and for women, but it is not unusual, especially in summer places or in town on Saturday or Sunday, to include an equal number of men" – hence the mildly disparaging phrase, "the ladies who lunch". Lunch was a ladies' light meal; when the Prince of Wales stopped to eat a dainty luncheon with lady friends, he was laughed at for this effeminacy.[6]

170px-Isabella_Beeton_-_Mrs_Beeton%27s_B

Mrs Beeton's Book of Household Management, a guide to all aspects of running a household in Victorian Britain

Beginning in the 1840s, afternoon tea supplemented this luncheon at four o'clock.[6] Mrs Beeton's Book of Household Management(1861) – a guide to all aspects of running a household in Victorian Britain, edited by Isabella Beeton – had much less to explain about luncheon than about dinners or ball suppers:

One of things that tends to get obscured is who we are talking about. One moment it's the upper crust, the next it's medieval farmers. During our early days, it was common for farmers to eat something midday. But that depended a lot on how busy he was, and how hard he was working.

During the Dark Ages, most people ate a lot of grains, if you read about their diets, it's depressing. That started to change with the evolution of market economies.

Try The Structure of Everyday Life by Braudel: Civilisation and Capitalism, 15th to 18th Century, Vol 1.

I had a egg salad sammich and a apple sitting next to a noisy air compressor but at least it didn't have a order that wanted to make me want to puke while I was eating.

20180629_131112.thumb.jpg.694866c208ccbb0059a847f5cd282cef.jpg

I'm so sick of the factory life.

• Heart 1

Pinwheel flank steak with mozz cheese, chopped red peppers, basil & bacon. Cottage cheese & canned peaches for dessert.

I follow the Hobbit eating pattern

!st breakfast

2nd breakfast

snack

early lunch

lunch

late lunch

snack

pre dinner

dinner

1st supper

• Haha 1