Ever Lance A Saddle Sore Yorself?

ChrisL

The saddle in my Anthem is comfy but a slightly different shape and I have developed a saddle sore.  I've had them before and time off the saddle seems to be best except I want to ride.  I've been able to ride short distances but it's super painful after a few miles and unbearable after an hour or so.

So I am thinking of lancing it myself and draining that bad boy out. Not to get graphic but that sucker is large, angry and ripe... 

Any tips, will I die???

Clean it, lance it, clean it. I use a neosporin product with pain killer in it. Keep putting that on until it heals. You know, there are more than one kind of "saddle sore".  If it's a boil, could be infection ran up the hair follicle. I've taken to using the disinfecting wipes more often.

1 minute ago, donkpow said:

Clean it, lance it, clean it. I use a neosporin product with pain killer in it. Keep putting that on until it heals. You know, there are more than one kind of "saddle sore".  If it's a boil, could be infection ran up the hair follicle. I've taken to using the disinfecting wipes more often.

Yeah I've hitting it with wipes and putting neosporin on it at night.  It's like 1/2" diameter zit and the sucker is ripe. And it hurts like a mutha when I sit in a saddle.

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

Yeah I've hitting it with wipes and putting neosporin on it at night.  It's like 1/2" diameter zit and the sucker is ripe. And it hurts like a mutha when I sit in a saddle.

The med people say not to squeeze it since you force poison into the body. I've always found it was better just to go ahead and get it over with. If it is small, I would use a pin and and prick a hole in the skin. Otherwise I just go at it aggressively.

I've been using Vaseline Intensive Care hand cream for slightly chaffed skin. Clean and apply. A few years back, I had a pretty bad chaffing incident. In that case, I used a Preparation H product that was totally awesome.

Here it is:

Preparation_H_Colling_Gel_Main.png

https://www.preparationh.com/products/cooling-gel

• Awesome 1

...I use a lot of Trisporin type cream before I ride now.  I used to just go with Bag Balm, but the Trisporin works a little better for prevention.

Honestly, speaking for myself I would not lance it.  There's a decent chance you'll make it worse.  i just took about four weeks off the bike entirely in order to concentrate on stretching, yoga, and some swimming. When I finally got on again and rode today it felt terrific.  I didn't notice a huge drop in aerobic capacity, but my flexibility and form are much improved. I think this is why athletics was, for so many years, focused on doing something different in the off season, and on cross training.

cvs-health-antibiotic-ointment-a-tube-an

• Heart 2