Chickopee

Airehead

I am in Chickopee, Mass.  Not sure where that is.  Mr. Aire is on base during the day but doesn't have to billet in so I came along. I am going to read and relax all day. Crazy. Not sure what I am going to do on Monday and Sunday. 

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Airehead said:

I am in Chickopee, Mass.  Not sure where that is.  Mr. Aire is on base during the day but doesn't have to billet in so I came along. I am going to read and relax all day. Crazy. Not sure what I am going to do on Monday and Sunday. 

Just stare into the distance.  People give you space if you do that. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Airehead said:

Maybe tomorrow.  I am researching flooring now. 

Forget the flooring, I can help you with that. Go see the Coolidge Presidential Library on Monday, it should be closed on Sunday.  :)

You are near many things Coolidge. I might be able to find you a tour guide. 

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Airehead said:

10 or so miles to the north of you on I91 is the Norwortuck Bike trail, a nicely paved trail that runs up through the college campus.

Just to your south is Springfield, home of the basketball museum and a bit further south on 91in CT is Bradley International Airport with the Bradley Air Museum that mr. Air would love.  They are only open till 5pm unfortunately.

...you are only 3.3 miles away from the Dr. Seuss National Memorial Sculpture Garden

While visiting there, you could take reference photos for @AirwickWithCheese 's proposed fountain design. Everything he's suggested before I put him on ignore lacked pizzazz, and I suspect that the situation has improved but little, because he seems unable to accept constructive suggestions from the more creative, artsy hippie crowd.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g41507-Activities-Chicopee_Massachusetts.html

• Heart 4

9 hours ago, Airehead said:

I hope I don't regret this.

What could possibly go wrong?  :dontknow:  Actually it sounds fun, and I'm sure you'll have a good time.  Just don't overdo in the heat.

• Confused 1

It appears that your safest bet today is to go someplace cool and stay there.

My only memories of Chicopee was the Portuguese festival held there annually.  I played one of my very low level professional soccer games there for the Hartford Portuguese Soccer team as a 17 year old goalkeeper.  With about 3 minutes left in the tied game I stopped a penalty kick but injured my arm and shoulder.  Being young and stupid I opted to brave out the last 3 minutes.  With seconds to go someone lofted in an easy shot from a long way out and because of the arm and my decision that it was wide I let it go only to watch it settle nicely into the corner of the goal for a loss.  The team fired me that day so that they could have a real Portuguese keeper.  It was a long ride home.  When next seen, I was the white spot in the team picture of the Hartford Sporting Club team picture, an all Jamaican team.  The end of my career as a player was already in sight.  The Navy was soon to happen. Sigh.