Driver recorded threatening cyclist in Sacramento

Page Turner

On Wednesday, cyclist Paul Mitchell was riding in the bike lane on metro park north of the airport when a driver swiped him as he drove by. Then, a confrontation ensued. Video

...I know the question everything is asking him or herself right now.  Was @Page Turner the driver or the cyclist in this incident ?:huh:

Well, it turns out that even though I sometimes ride on that road (it's the best route down to the Delta), I am completely innocent this time.

@parodybot is once again correct in proclaiming my innocence.:flirtyeyess:  Thank you very much, @parodybot.

• Sad 1

I ride in the city on well traveled roads.  I estimate that I get buzzed at least 3 or 4 times a week, sometimes, a couple episodes in one day.  Of course, you can never be absolutely sure, but when there is tons of room on the road and a car/truck is still crowding me, and I am as far over to the right as I can get, I assume they are sending me a message.  

• Sad 1

....what's interesting about this particular route and incident (to me) is that it's a very well defined and wide bike lane, and the city never, ever sweeps it.

So if you ride it, you have a choice between riding the fog line, or dealing with a lot (and I mean a lot) of flats.  The traffic speeds are in the 45-50 mph range there, which means a lot of guys are going 60.

I could e-mail the mayor, and tell him all this, and how it would help a lot if the fucking city would send a fucking sweeper along the fucking bike lane there every week, but it wouldn't do any good.:mellow:

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Page Turner said:

....what's interesting about this particular route and incident (to me) is that it's a very well defined and wide bike lane, and the city never, ever sweeps it.

So if you ride it, you have a choice between riding the fog line, or dealing with a lot (and I mean a lot) of flats.  The traffic speeds are in the 45-50 mph range there, which means a lot of guys are going 60.

I could e-mail the mayor, and tell him all this, and how it would help a lot if the fucking city would send a fucking sweeper along the fucking bike lane there every week, but it wouldn't do any good.:mellow:

Maybe, but a q. This is an important route for cyclists? Adopt a mile for cyclists. 20 cyclists, you guys clean the bike lane. 

I'm not saying you should have to do this, I'm saying do it until you force the Big Tomato's hand. Surely one of you will know someone with the local news. 

One or two of you will have a truck and you can YouTube a road sweeper attachment. Make sure news is there filming. 

You're Welcome,

Cheese

• Heart 1

Just now, Page Turner said:

You're fucked! :D

• Awesome 2

Some son of a bitch with three bikes attached to the back of his car cut me off THREE times -one for each bike - today on I-70 near Frederick, MD while zig-zagging between lanes trying to move ahead in the extremely heavy Saturday traffic - must be 4th of July approaching that had the roads extremely crowded.

I hope the bastard had a accident but wouldn't wish that on his victims.