7/1 miles and such.

groupw

Did a quick 15 before church this morning while it was still only 70 degrees. Just finished 25 and it’s 94 degrees.

• Heart 2

25 with the missus on the roadie.  Great weather but today was just one of those days where it just sucks to ride on the road.

First mile or so and my wife and I are two abreast but well in the marked bike lane of a 6 lane road.  I can hear a truck and it sounds close so I nudge my wife over and the mirror just barely misses me.  It's a construction truck and  a hole driver is looking at his phone....

About 1/2 way into the ride I have to ride about 1/2 mile in a busy road to link to another MUP and drive by a shopping center where there is a turn lane.  I'm between the turn and thru lane as I'm going straight and a lady in the thru lane slows and then hooks me to turn right  into the shopping center!?!? I slam on the brakes, am up on my front wheel and clip both of my feet out slamming back down and smashing my nads on the top tube but miss the door by probably an inch as she pulls in the shopping center.  I started to follow her into the shopping center but my wife asked me to let it go and keep riding...

Now on the MUP about 3 miles from home  and have to loop around under a bridge.   Large group of riders are 4 abreast as I loop under an am now on a collision course with two of them.  One bails to the dirt to my right, the other squeezes his buddies and nearly causes a pile up in the pack but nobody goes down.

Damn why do I ride the road!?!?

• Heart 1

Hot as heck and even starting early didn't help (and I hate starting early).  Drove to Skyline Drive (Shen Nat Park) thinking it should be cooler there (it was but not at the bottom portion).  Drank an azz ton of water.  Spotted a black bear crossing the road. And had an obscenely fun time on the descents - especially from Mathews Arm to Elk Wallow. Did catch and pass a trio of roadies on a climb, and they made sure to catch me at the top the next descent. I then generally spent the next hour and a half with them about 30' in front of me. I hate yoyoing with other riders, so once I realize I won't drop them and they won't drop me, I drop back a bit out of their draft and use them as a nice little carrot.

IMG_6410.thumb.PNG.a41dfab84ee3a16d546d0d3572629845.PNG

Humpy.JPG.bc487e1870e62be3514afccf4db230aa.JPG

Relive "Video"

Tom

• Heart 1

We had rain til about 2 or so this afternoon.... Walked with my friend Trude and her dog Blissa..did 3.34 miles..in an hour...

There was a couple riding bikes with their dog...the guy and dog were going fast..doggie stopped to poo and they both stopped..the girl picked up after the dog...pretty soon they are flying again..behind us..but the young dog sees Blissa and crosses the trail and takes down the guy..hard....no helmet either.  I heard him say to the girl he was okay...but they never did catch up with us on the trail....

Riding a city park trail...with a dog on a leash with no helmet....is pretty stooopid if you ask me!! :wacko:

• Heart 2

7 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Riding a city park trail...with a dog on a leash with no helmet....is pretty stooopid if you ask me!! :wacko:

I didn’t even know they made helmets for dogs?:scratchhead:

• Haha 1