Bike racey time in Cincy

Parr8hed

I get that you guys are joking around on the bikes but buying a high dollar bike now doesn't make a lot of sense while his body is still growing. I think you are on the right track exposing G man to racing and having a good time on realistic equipment.

in a couple of years if he's still into it and doing well then maybe plunk down the $$$ for a decent bike or three and say hello to community college...

• Heart 3

22 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I get that you guys are joking around on the bikes but buying a high dollar bike now doesn't make a lot of sense while his body is still growing. I think you are on the right track exposing G man to racing and having a good time on realistic equipment.

in a couple of years if he's still into it and doing well then maybe plunk down the $$$ for a decent bike or three and say hello to community college...

We are fortunate that there are some strong women riders ahead of him.  They are roughly his size and sell us pretty good used bikes at a discount.  The cross bike that he's riding about there is about a 3500 dollar bike, full carbon 105/Ultegra.  We got it for 1,000 with only about 10 rides on it.   

• Heart 2

23 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I get that you guys are joking around on the bikes but buying a high dollar bike now doesn't make a lot of sense while his body is still growing.

Years ago I took my daughter to Junior Nationals. There was a 10 YO on an expensive Litespeed  I asked the father about it and he said that the kid had 2 younger brothers so it was going to be a hand-me-down bike.

Of course G-man doesn't have that option.

• Heart 1