I have a question

red_dog

Hi

I was a member of the ‘other forum that shall not be named’, but only popped in on rare occasion to view some craziness.

Yesterday, out of the blue I get this archaic looking email from a hoop.la  outfit concerning the establishment of this site.  It was followed with about a dozen other emails with comments on the first.

Now my question:

How did that original email find me, and why do I only get the email notifications to comments on that one post ?  Any geeks out there that understand ?

BTW, I seem to have lost my login credentials at the ‘other forum that shall not be named’, so your secrets are safe with me.

BTW2, that other site looks awful

Well, not that I'd admit to anything but it's possible someone looked through some of the members and sent a request like the one you mentioned to those who had an avatar (implying they were active at one point) or were currently logged in.

We feel this software is far superior and hope lots of "those other people" come here as well as any other newcomers.

ahso

Message received and understood

Some of you may remember some interaction with the ‘mall walking’ forum a few years back…I am one of those dweebs.  However, my hips gave out on me recently, so my mall walking days are over.

I do need to get some exercise somehow, so I will be picking up one of those bicycle things in the near future.  Haven’t been on one since Jr High School, so I may have some really stupid questions to ask .

I do understand that most of the people here are smart-asses, and I'm okay with that.  So when I ask a stupid question, feel free to lay it on me.

ahso

Some of you may remember some interaction with the ‘mall walking’ forum a few years back…I am one of those dweebs.  However, my hips gave out on me recently, so my mall walking days are over.

I do need to get some exercise somehow, so I will be picking up one of those bicycle things in the near future.  Haven’t been on one since Jr High School, so I may have some really stupid questions to ask .

I do understand that most of the people here are smart-asses, and I'm okay with that.  So when I ask a stupid question, feel free to lay it on me.

We'll give polite and informative responses if you're going to be that way about it.

ahso

Welcome aboard, and yes we will give plenty of smart ass answers, but will also try to help on occasion too. 

• 2 years later...
On 9/19/2013 at 10:46 AM, red_dog said:

ahso

We love stupid questions.  Welcome red dog