When I See Someone Wearing Jeans

Razors Edge

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

So, folks here in the cafe are lunatics???

Makes sense. Just nice to see confirmation now and again.

Tom

Lunatic is a but......... harsh.  I think you called us/me a moran.  That would be more fitting. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

I hate jeans.  They are uncomfortable, most of the time. 

No they are not.  They are the best type of pants made.  They are as American as apple pie and hot dogs and Chevrolet pick ups.  Baseball is not american.  I bet you like to wear non jeans and watch baseball.  Shame on you.

4 minutes ago, jsharr said:

No they are not.  They are the best type of pants made.  They are as American as apple pie and hot dogs and Chevrolet pick ups.  Baseball is not american.  I bet you like to wear non jeans and watch baseball.  Shame on you.

I don't watch baseball.  

My non-jean game is strong.  I prefer any other material.  

For decades I wore jeans at work in any temp.  Some of the stuff I worked with was just to toxic or corrosive or just plain dirty for lesser material.  Now that I'm retired you will almost always find me in some sort of cargo pants, usually Wrangler camo as the printed fabric seems a bit softer than khakis.

I'm with DH.  Almost anything but jeans.

I have jeans, and wear them in the winter time.  I spend too much time around the water  and jeans take too long to dry when they get wet.  I prefer quick drying material.

I also have pretty good sized thighs for my waist and ass size, so getting jeans to fit that are not tight on the thighs can be tough.  

8 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Come on and buck a few hay bales in your shorts.?

Hey, I worked with a guy when I was a kid who baled hay in shorts and no shirt. He was a muscle bound high school football player. 

In case anybody doesn't know, this is the job.

51eca34424bd7e34c74b3b6f9e2ebf64.jpg

• Heart 2

11 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Jeans do have their place (I've seen the Marlboro man ads), but I stick by my city boy observations.  If you don't need them for work, then jeans are a cool weather piece of clothing.

And it looks like Dickies even has non-jeans work pants.

Tom

3 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

You are the only one here who is arthurized to wear jeans in the summer. Kazoo might get a pass too when he is working ootside with trees and shit.  And I guess jsharrt because he is a Texican.

I wear khaki type to work, shorts in summer, and sweat pants around the house in fall/winter.  Jeans just once in a while.

17 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

That was my exact thought, a lot of people on here have never spent the summer bailing hay.

17 hours ago, donkpow said:

Hey, I worked with a guy when I was a kid who baled hay in shorts and no shirt. He was a muscle bound high school football player. 

In case anybody doesn't know, this is the job.

51eca34424bd7e34c74b3b6f9e2ebf64.jpg

He has horrible technique,  You don't lift like that, you swing.  Much easier, especially when you are going to be lifting somewhere around 1000 of those things that day.

And usually the muscle bound football players are ready to keel over after 100 or so bails, the scrawny farm boys aren't even starting to slow down at that point.

Of course the best is when you get stuck with the job of driving the tractor in the air conditioned cab.

• Heart 2

On 7/3/2018 at 9:53 AM, Indy said:

He has horrible technique,  You don't lift like that, you swing.  Much easier, especially when you are going to be lifting somewhere around 1000 of those things that day.

And usually the muscle bound football players are ready to keel over after 100 or so bails, the scrawny farm boys aren't even starting to slow down at that point.

Of course the best is when you get stuck with the job of driving the tractor in the air conditioned cab.

I used to drive the hay truck when I was 10.  Somebody would help at the end of the field to turn it around for the next row and I would keep it straight from there.  No air back in the 509's however.

• Heart 1