Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Razors Edge

When I See Someone Wearing Jeans

Recommended Posts

Unless I have to put on the clown suit to impress clients, I am in jeans, boots and a polo shirt about 99% of the time.

No chafing on my watch, sir, but if you want to check and you feel froggy, then jump on over here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

So, folks here in the cafe are lunatics???

Makes sense. Just nice to see confirmation now and again.

Tom

You would never make it as a Texan.  I am okay with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

So, folks here in the cafe are lunatics???

Makes sense. Just nice to see confirmation now and again.

Tom

Lunatic is a but......... harsh.  I think you called us/me a moran.  That would be more fitting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jsharr said:

You would never make it as a Texan.  I am okay with this.

Yep.  No chance.  I look at Texas and think "there but for the grace of God goes I."

That and apparently shopping for cars is a nightmare.

Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

I hate jeans.  They are uncomfortable, most of the time. 

No they are not.  They are the best type of pants made.  They are as American as apple pie and hot dogs and Chevrolet pick ups.  Baseball is not american.  I bet you like to wear non jeans and watch baseball.  Shame on you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jsharr said:

No they are not.  They are the best type of pants made.  They are as American as apple pie and hot dogs and Chevrolet pick ups.  Baseball is not american.  I bet you like to wear non jeans and watch baseball.  Shame on you.

I don't watch baseball.  

My non-jean game is strong.  I prefer any other material.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For decades I wore jeans at work in any temp.  Some of the stuff I worked with was just to toxic or corrosive or just plain dirty for lesser material.  Now that I'm retired you will almost always find me in some sort of cargo pants, usually Wrangler camo as the printed fabric seems a bit softer than khakis.

I'm with DH.  Almost anything but jeans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I don't watch baseball.  

My non-jean game is strong.  I prefer any other material.  

I can see how your lifestyle would not be conducive to denim pants.  I will give you a pass.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have jeans, and wear them in the winter time.  I spend too much time around the water  and jeans take too long to dry when they get wet.  I prefer quick drying material.

I also have pretty good sized thighs for my waist and ass size, so getting jeans to fit that are not tight on the thighs can be tough.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I rarely wear pants other than for work, I live in shorts pretty much year round.  I have jeans but rarely wear them.

Back in the day we used liberal amounts of baby powder as wool uniforms and D.C. Humidity are a really bad mix.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeans are generally 3 season wear for me.  Although if you're mainly inside with air conditioning, I guess it doesn't matter that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Come on and buck a few hay bales in your shorts.🤭

Hey, I worked with a guy when I was a kid who baled hay in shorts and no shirt. He was a muscle bound high school football player. 

In case anybody doesn't know, this is the job.

51eca34424bd7e34c74b3b6f9e2ebf64.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Come on and buck a few hay bales in your shorts.🤭

Jeans do have their place (I've seen the Marlboro man ads), but I stick by my city boy observations.  If you don't need them for work, then jeans are a cool weather piece of clothing.

And it looks like Dickies even has non-jeans work pants.

Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

Come on and buck a few hay bales in your shorts.🤭

You are the only one here who is arthurized to wear jeans in the summer. Kazoo might get a pass too when he is working ootside with trees and shit.  And I guess jsharrt because he is a Texican.

I wear khaki type to work, shorts in summer, and sweat pants around the house in fall/winter.  Jeans just once in a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

Come on and buck a few hay bales in your shorts.🤭

That was my exact thought, a lot of people on here have never spent the summer bailing hay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, donkpow said:

Hey, I worked with a guy when I was a kid who baled hay in shorts and no shirt. He was a muscle bound high school football player. 

In case anybody doesn't know, this is the job.

51eca34424bd7e34c74b3b6f9e2ebf64.jpg

He has horrible technique,  You don't lift like that, you swing.  Much easier, especially when you are going to be lifting somewhere around 1000 of those things that day.

 

And usually the muscle bound football players are ready to keel over after 100 or so bails, the scrawny farm boys aren't even starting to slow down at that point.

 

Of course the best is when you get stuck with the job of driving the tractor in the air conditioned cab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2018 at 9:53 AM, Indy said:

He has horrible technique,  You don't lift like that, you swing.  Much easier, especially when you are going to be lifting somewhere around 1000 of those things that day.

 

And usually the muscle bound football players are ready to keel over after 100 or so bails, the scrawny farm boys aren't even starting to slow down at that point.

 

Of course the best is when you get stuck with the job of driving the tractor in the air conditioned cab.

I used to drive the hay truck when I was 10.  Somebody would help at the end of the field to turn it around for the next row and I would keep it straight from there.  No air back in the 509's however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×