I bought disappointing tea today

Randomguy

Rene and Georgette Magritte with their dog after the war
Were strolling down Christopher Street when they stopped in a mens store
All of the mannequins dressed in the styles that brought tears to their immigrant eyes

--Paul Simon

1 hour ago, Bag of dick said:

Like I said, they are nice enough, but I wanted astounding. 

When you say astounding... what are you looking for?

There are very good and also quite expensive teas, don't think I would call them astounding.

You used to be able to buy the world's best coffee, 40 years ago. Now you prob have to be rich just to know where to get them. I used to get them for 7 or 8 bucks a pound in the 70s. The one coffee I would describe as astounding is extinct.

Stash tea has good bang for the buck, but they aren't the best for fruity tea.

16 hours ago, late said:

When you say astounding... what are you looking for?

There are very good and also quite expensive teas, don't think I would call them astounding.

You used to be able to buy the world's best coffee, 40 years ago. Now you prob have to be rich just to know where to get them. I used to get them for 7 or 8 bucks a pound in the 70s. The one coffee I would describe as astounding is extinct.

Stash tea has good bang for the buck, but they aren't the best for fruity tea.

I have never had luck with Stash.  The only bagged teas that seem decent are Harney & Sons and a couple tazo flavors. 

I like my tea like I like my women-loose as all hell!

2 hours ago, Bag of dick said:

I have never had luck with Stash.  The only bagged teas that seem decent are Harney & Sons and a couple tazo flavors. 

I like my tea like I like my women-loose as all hell!

Stash does have some good tea, but I know what you mean. Harney does do some good tea. Maybe it's me, but Tazo seems overpriced for what you get.

Something I really liked, but can't find, is an Austrian version of English Breakfast that was common in Vienna. It was malty, prob Indian.

I was trying to get a feel for what you like. Try Bewleys Irish Breakfast. I would add a dash of a good Ceylon to the bag (it was loose tea) for a hint of brightness. No fruit, but you could add some dried fruit on  your own.

If you want a high caffeine tea, try Kusmi. They make good flavored tea that has a lot of caffeine.

https://www.amazon.com/Bewleys-Irish-Breakfast-Tea-Ounces/dp/B003H7DTV0

https://www.amazon.com/RUSSIAN-BLENDS-Kusmi-ASSORTMENT-TINS-4-40/dp/B002B88G3C/ref=br_lf_m_7uo8h2qtyku38ug_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&s=grocery

For anyone interested in Japanese green tea, the highest grades are produced just outside of Kyoto where there are tea farms.  One can really taste the difference. Also the area to buy matcha tea ..different qualities and grades.  I managed to buy a few packs but unfortunately forgot  a large pack and some handmade warm mochi (glutinous rice dessert-like rounds) in our hotel in Kyoto. :(  In North America we get the crappier Japanese green tea blends...I'm just going by memory of a Japanese supermarket in Vancouver.  

Chinese green tea and other teas can be different...which I don't know enough .  Except for a wonderful jasmine tea I had at a noodle place in Vancouver which literally smelled like a jasmine flower.  I asked for the price if I were to buy some in bulk....they told me it was $90.00/lb.