This oil stain on my garage floor

a bunch of numbers

...I have been chasing an oil leak on my wife's 2000 Camry this week.  I finally located it at one corner of the oil pan.

You would not believe how many things you need to disconnect on the exhaust system to drop the oil pan on that car. Then, when you do manage to get that off, it's put together not with a real gasket, but with a formed sealant, so it won't pull off easily, instead you need to cut the line with a blade of some sort, and then clean all that crap thoroughly off the mating surfaces to reseal it.  I just overtorqued it on that corner, which will hopefully slow it down a little until I feel more adventurous.  That whole under the car on jack stands thing is getting to be less fun these days. :(

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

32 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...I have been chasing an oil leak on my wife's 2000 Camry this week.  I finally located it at one corner of the oil pan.

You would not believe how many things you need to disconnect on the exhaust system to drop the oil pan on that car. Then, when you do manage to get that off, it's put together not with a real gasket, but with a formed sealant, so it won't pull off easily, instead you need to cut the line with a blade of some sort, and then clean all that crap thoroughly off the mating surfaces to reseal it.  I just overtorqued it on that corner, which will hopefully slow it down a little until I feel more adventurous.  That whole under the car on jack stands thing is getting to be less fun these days. :(

But, does it leave an oil stain that looks like the one in my garage?

24 minutes ago, Rick5234 said:

But, does it leave an oil stain that looks like the one in my garage?

...of course not. There are brake fluid, transmission fluid, power steering, and engine oil systems.  You're just on the first step of the adventure. :skipping:

My wife was bragging how she made record time driving her little van down south to visit our son, drafting and running at ludicrous speeds in both directions. Until I pointed out the oil leak from the oil breather when she got back home. It looked more like this though.  ?

image.thumb.png

46 minutes ago, Further said:

Ya could probably jackhammer  that stain up & sell it on Ebay for enough to build a new garage

...more money in putting up a Youtube video saying it's another apparition of the Virgin Mary, then selling souvenirs to the pilgrims.

• Heart 1

21 hours ago, Page Turner said:

You would not believe how many things you need to disconnect on the exhaust system to drop the oil pan on that car. Then, when you do manage to get that off, it's put together not with a real gasket, but with a formed sealant, so it won't pull off easily, instead you need to cut the line with a blade of some sort, and then clean all that crap thoroughly off the mating surfaces to reseal it.  I just overtorqued it on that corner, which will hopefully slow it down a little until I feel more adventurous. 

That whole under the car on jack stands thing is getting to be less fun these days. :(

Yeah, They seem to be put together by former space shuttle engineers.

We have a lift in the shop at work. What a blessing.

• Envious 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

This is a thumbs up from god.  God has big thumbs. Cut that floor up and sell it on eBay.  

That's no thumb.

But can get more money as you can help prove Jesus's existence.